going to the kawarthas for the long weekend? gas prices

ecmilley

driving down the 35/115 this morning for work I give everyone the prices i seen

the petrocan 115 just north of 401 was 133.7 ultramar and shell beside it 131.9 little furthr north on the 35 the cango was at 132.7 as you enter Lindsay the petrocan on the 35 was 134.7 and the shell in town was 129.9

good luck on your long weekend

the petrocan 115 just north of 401 was 133.7

Thanks Ernie, I'll be heading up the 115 in a couple hours but I filled up yesterday in Toronto for $1.31 in anticipation of the increase for the long week-end......who'd have ever thought $1.31 was a bargain :w00t:

That Petro-Canada just above the 401 is ALWAYS the most expensive on the 115 and I'd push my truck past him rather than buy his gas at the rip-off price he always charges. Guess he figures he's the 1st station on the hiway and folks will stop there not knowing their getting the shaft.

The cheapest on the 115 is ALWAYS the ESSO in the south bound lanes at the bottom of the hill just south of the 35 cut-off.

I filled up in North Bay last week for $139.9

Hate to think what the marinas are charging.......

I filled up Thursday. I said once it gets below 130, I'm getting it while it's cheap :wallbash: 129.9 is what I paid. Truck and boat are full. I'll go through a tank in the truck, but not much in the boat. I figure I'll spend about the same or less than last year because of the more fuel efficiant motor. As for the marinas, I live at one and I remember seeing 140 plus a few weeks ago. I gerry can my fuel, as I do not need to fill up dockside. I just do it after they leave so I don't rub it in their face.

I remember way back when, gas was 39.9 and 40 cents was the bra burning, nutmeg protest limit, long weekends the price would jog up to 42.9 and people would be outraged, conspiracy theories bla bla bla.

Its an easy news story, gets lots of hype, NDP and Liberal ragfest.

Weird.... went to Cobourg beach last night with the kids and it was $1.22 at the ultramar... had to fill up... across the street it was $1.32... how could I not fill up?? I can't believe it has come to where I think that $1.22 is cheap!!! what the hell is wrong with me :P