Kemper's carp report...

kemper

I hate carp. Carp are the scum of the lake, dirty, smelly, slimy over grown goldfish. They waste my time and cost me lures when they get in the way of my bass/pike hooks. They get my hopes up when jigging and suddenly feeling that weight. Worst of all, when landed they slime up EVERYTHING.

I had sworn I would never fish for carp. ever.

Well today I lost a bet to myself, as the girlfriend and I were fishing at a local pike haunt and she spotted about 50 carp sunning themselves. "Baby catch one!"

"No, I hate carp"

"Just plllllllleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

OK fine, but they wont bite...

Three minutes later this face only a mother could love poked out of the water at me.

med_gallery_256_231_20533.jpg

"OK smartarss, you wanted this big ugly thing you take the rod."

med_gallery_256_231_17376.jpg

So then I singlehandedly risked my life walking on a very sketchy log out into the water to grab the slimiest goldfish I have ever seen, just because she wanted a picture and that is the kind of guy I am.

med_gallery_256_231_53389.jpg

I feel like I have lost all self respect today, for I went carp fishing.

Ill check in later, this slime is going to take a while to get off...

You're the second couple I see just getting into carp fishing. I noticed it always the girlfriend who is always asking to get int carp fishing. I'd say they know a great sport fish when they see see it. Hats off to girlfriends. :thumbsup_anim: Now you'll be carping you'll see.

I hate carp. Carp are the scum of the lake, dirty, smelly, slimy over grown goldfish. They waste my time and cost me lures when they get in the way of my bass/pike hooks.

You know what Kemper, I considered you to be a friend. After reading that ... ... ... <_< ...

lol i'm joking. Great job in hooking into them though ... I have no idea why but everytime I try hard to fish specifically for them, they don't seem to bite (just like the last time you saw me). It isn't that easy to entice them to hit a grub ...

haha don't worry about the slime, now go get yourself a biggun on the other end of the line!

Edited by Victor

i know allllll about the SMELL, Kemper... the first day i aughta couple of carp, i left my net in my van overnight, BIG MISTAKE !

Now i leave it on the roof racks overnight to "air it out" and hope it rains! lol

BTW.. my daughter LOVES carp fishing and doesn't see the big deal in catching "those little bass and trout" that i like to go after. :o

She is 10 yrs old and "this is the FIRST fish she EVER caught" :wallbash:

(30lbs)

Chanellesmonstercatch.jpg

Gotta keep our girls happy Kemper.. Good luck. :whistling:

Edited by splashhopper

Guest Johnny Bass

Thats what its like to have a gf/wife. Having to do things you do not want to do.lol At least she comes out fishing with ya, so you shouldn't be complaining!!!Thanks for sharing.

after two showers I feel as if the slime may be gone.

but okay, in all honestly the fish did put up a great battle, albeit a somewhat lame one.

I just dont get it, I find other fish...ANY other fish to be much more amusing to catch. This is the second one on a grub at that spot this year, the last one was pushing 30 pounds so this one was just a little guy.

on the bright side, it kept the girl REALLY amused for about 20 minutes, so thats a plus...

You know what Kemper, I considered you to be a friend. After reading that ... ... ... <_< ...

lol i'm joking. Great job in hooking into them though ... I have no idea why but everytime I try hard to fish specifically for them, they don't seem to bite (just like the last time you saw me). It isn't that easy to entice them to hit a grub ...

haha don't worry about the slime, now go get yourself a biggun on the other end of the line!

Sorry bud... all in good fun! haha

we should get out sometime soon, kawarthas?

after two showers I feel as if the slime may be gone.

but okay, in all honestly the fish did put up a great battle, albeit a somewhat lame one.

I just dont get it, I find other fish...ANY other fish to be much more amusing to catch. This is the second one on a grub at that spot this year, the last one was pushing 30 pounds so this one was just a little guy.

on the bright side, it kept the girl REALLY amused for about 20 minutes, so thats a plus...

It is ok Kemper, you are just a fish snob LOL Nice thing you did for the g/f...looks good on you

Sorry bud... all in good fun! haha

we should get out sometime soon, kawarthas?

Would love to do that man, it's quite hard to find time this summer though ... lots to do around the house, lots of water to fish, too many species to go after and too little time... but if i do have a weekend that's free I'll be sure to let you know.

If I do get the access to a car this fall, I can drive over to guelph and fish with ya, going back to school at Waterloo in Sept. Or if you do have a car, you can come over to the grand.

LOL...great write up Kemper. They aren't the prettiest fish, but hey, they are fish.

See what she's done already? First she pushes her way into the solitude of your fishing. Now she's telling you what fish to catch.

If you're lucky, she'll start looking at boats and picking one out.... ;)