Cottage Rental next week

ryan

Any recommendations for a reasonably priced cottage rental for next week 3 days, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and about 2-3 hours from Toronto for family of four? I know I am asking for a lot since everyone wants to rent for a week. To make it even more challenging, must have good fishing of bass, pickerel and panfish.

Thanks for any input

Edited by ryan

I agree with the others. You might be outta luck. I would guess that several people took next week off because Canada Day falls in the middle. Gonna take a lot of checking around. The one thing you have on your side is that gas is up so people may not want to travel, esspecially from the US. Good luck and have fun where ever you end up.

Are you completely stuck on renting a cottage? If not consider camping instead. There are plenty of provincial parks and private parks around that are on lakes with decent fishing. There are plenty of options and most will have openings during the week. A quick search of the internet will get you started.

You never know till you ask.

Some lodge owners in the French River area have had cancellations (when Iwas up there in early June) - with the price of gas,etc. some may rethink their tripand cancel.

Wolsley Lodge on the upper French has clean cabins, good fishing boats and a superb Friday night buffet. Totem Point, Breyers, Fishtail also have cottages & boats. Closer to Hwy 69, Dry Pine Camp has nice affordable cabins & boats & you can grab a heavenly ice cream sundae at the lodge

These are only a few sugestions but there are many more; give them a call,..., cause you never know unless you ask.

WR

You are right WR

I managed to get cottage and the price is pretty affordable as well (Great Escapes Cabins).

Now I just hope the fishing is good.

Thanks again guys. Who said it cannot be done? lol

One thing I know, can always get help here.

RR

You never know till you ask.

Some lodge owners in the French River area have had cancellations (when Iwas up there in early June) - with the price of gas,etc. some may rethink their tripand cancel.

Wolsley Lodge on the upper French has clean cabins, good fishing boats and a superb Friday night buffet. Totem Point, Breyers, Fishtail also have cottages & boats. Closer to Hwy 69, Dry Pine Camp has nice affordable cabins & boats & you can grab a heavenly ice cream sundae at the lodge

These are only a few sugestions but there are many more; give them a call,..., cause you never know unless you ask.

WR

It cost more but usually you can get in lodges that have American plans at the last minute. I am leaving Monday for Sand Beach Lodge on the French River. Here's their website if you interested. I haven't been there for over 20 years but I know you get what you pay for there and the food/service was second to none.

http://www.sandbeachlodge.com/

It load slow so just give it minute.

Also when you call a lodge and they are full ask then if they know anyone that might have a opening. Long story short but this worked for me a few years ago when we went all the way to Quebec for a family fishing trip. Left after one hour because the place was a scam and stayed one night in North Bay. Called a couple of places so we could salvage the vacation and one place said call this women because she cleans for many lodges and she would know if someone has a opening. She ended up hooking us up with a very nice cottage on Big Caribou Lake where I caught some of my biggest walleyes in Ontario and it was on the way home :)

Bob