Musky report

goteeboy

beautiful to be on the lake yesterday (monday). got there at the crack of dawn and not a ripple on the water. it was beautiful. finally got a lake map and tried some new spots...nada! we did notice the mayflies were out in the millions and the SMB were gorging for an easy meal. I think the walleye were gorging themselves too as we couldn't get a single hit. We did get a couple OOS SMB and they were spitting up mayflies like crazy. anyway, went back to "my spot" where three people i've taken out have gotten their personal best muskies, including me. it was a decent day.

now am i getting old or do others get really sore (back, wrists, hands, shoulders) after chucking muskie lures. my body hurts.

caught on a big swim bait, here's the biggest muskie i've witnessed out of this particular lake. 43 inch beauty caught at noon in 10 fow over weeds.

June232008MuskyFishingBalsamLake005.jpg

June232008MuskyFishingBalsamLake007.jpg

i caught it's little brother.

June232008MuskyFishingBalsamLake008.jpg

Edited by goteeboy

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice!!! That is a big beautiful clean healthy looking musky!! Thanks for sharing!

Maps really help out when covering water! I've been hearing good things about those swim baits. For all species of fish.