Tobermory Camping

Pachone

Hi guys!

Im going away this weekend to Tobermory Campground with the girlfriend and her friends, and im pretty excited because ive only heard good things and im going away for 4 days...sweet!

Im wondering if anyone knows any spots of fishing out there? and any tips or advice? maybe which species i should target?

I understand its between huron and georgian bay which i heard both have good fishing... BUT where we will be staying there is CRYSTAL CLEAR waters (like the tropics) and its because its a Rock quarry i think? not sure if the waters possess waterlife or not?

Anything helps guys! PLUS tell ur experiences camping there... i heard its amazing and im pumped!!!

Report will follow

PACHONE :canadian:

well if your staying in the National Park ,Cypress Lake has smallies and walleye. The water is crystal clear so use small minnowl baits and live bait. The connecting Lake is called Cameron and you can use powerboats on it and rent them there. Cypress has a no gas motor restriction.

Some of the small creeks in the area hold brookies. Watch out for the rattlers,lots of them around.

well if your staying in the National Park ,Cypress Lake has smallies and walleye. The water is crystal clear so use small minnow baits and live bait. The connecting Lake is called Cameron and you can use powerboats on it and rent them there. Cypress has a no gas motor restriction.

Some of the small creeks in the area hold brookies. Watch out for the rattlers,lots of them around.

Edited by bowslayer

hey, ive camped bruce for a while but never really fished it, ive seen some guy headed towards the grotto and bay area once though with some heavy gear in hand, any idea's what he was fishin for? whities maybe?

lots of snakes for sure

philly

The scenery and the color of the water there is just stunning. You'll have a great time for sure. I didn't do much fishing when I went, stopped by a creek mouth in the Wiarton area and the locals told me people fish there for trout in september. As the others said, you're probably better off sticking with the inland lakes.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Thanks Alot Guys!

I will be going to target Walleye mostly. I wont be fishing a tremendous alot because of the activities we got planned and other people wont wanna fish.

Well see how it goes but ill def bring pics back of the beautiful scenery!

lets also hope i dont get bitten by a SNAKE :S lol

Best of luck this weekend. Cypress might be a little cold yet but as musky or specks said Huron is mutch warmer. As for the fishing lots of bass are up there small baits like worms or minnows I find are best. I will be fishing dwn the road at Miller lake next week an hope to catch some . The streams are full of specks so small meps with worm dressings are good.I hear a little rain might come so take lots of tarps and rain gear. Steve

tobermory is a beautiful place.been up there 6 times at least.not for fishing though.a lot of the guys i talk to there don't do a lot of shore fishing but hitting the deep water to fish for white fish and salmon.the shores on georgean bay ar rocky and have a steep drop off and not much fish around the marshes maybe at cuprus lake provincial park coulkd be a good spot.

as for scenery, you gotta go to the grotto at cyprus lake it's like crystal clear, tropics like exept that the water is cold.bring some snorkels dude.lots of hidden coves in the area be sure to check out the little roads bef tobermory like at cameron's bay it's called i think.flower pot island too if your up to it....lots of snakes around.saw a rattler once at cyprus lake though not very often. might wanna check out the singing sands at dorcas bay...it's on the lake huron side, waters is much shallower and warmer.