Weekend Carp report--- PIC HEAVY

rhare

This weekend I thought I would try something different for a change. Its been a few years since I fished carp so we gathered the goodies a few buddies and down to the bay we went. The carp where in transition, some spawning some crusing and feeding. We chummed the area with some sweet corn and tied up some hair rigs. Wasnt long before we got in to them and it was non stop for the day. We landed piles and broke off a bunch more. Had to end up getting some 30lbs braid as the sharp rocks started to take a toll on the tackle. Had plenty of double and even triple headers.

biggest fish went just over 40lbs!! we landed 5 fish over 30lbs. Most between 12-20lbs and the odd little guy. All and all a great weekend.

Dan with the first carp of the year a wee guy!

DSCF0892.jpg

home made carp and cat pod works great for about $40

DSCF0896.jpg

40lbs beast!! I could barely hold it.

DSCF0909.jpg

DSCF0913.jpg

Alex with his first carp at 33lbs

DSCF0919.jpg

DSCF0923.jpg

another 30+

DSCF0928.jpg

DSCF0931.jpg

DSCF0958.jpg

DSCF0957.jpg

DSCF0959.jpg

DSCF0963.jpg

Braden with a couple

DSCF0969.jpg

DSCF0962.jpg

DSCF0979.jpg

DSCF0972.jpg

DSCF0945.jpg

DSCF0944.jpg

DSCF0971.jpg

That's some great fishing right thar dood. Nice leather too. Where's the 40???

Hope some people come by and pick up the trash in that one pic.

Great numbers of fish and the spot looks mint. Quality time with the buds fer sure.

Oddly enough the 40 doesnt look like the biggest fish in the pics, but we had the scale with us and weighted them in the live release net.

A couple I though would go over 30 for sure only went 22-25??? hard fish to guesstimate the weight. Heres another pic of the 40 solid fish I think it ate some rocks!! lol.

As for the garbage I ALWAYS have a garbage bag with me, the place was cleaner then when I got there. Spent extra time clean up a mess of fishing line so the local swans wouldnt get into it.

DSCF0912.jpg