Almost Caught My First Steelie.. 4 Times!

So I hit the credit this morning, didn't get out as early as I had hoped but I was on the water by 8 a.m. and the fishing was on fire!!! It was my second time pretending to be a steelheader and I went 0 for 4! 3 of them were little guys, maybe 8 to 12 inches but the big guy was a solid 5 or 6 lbs! right after I missed the big one, the dude next to me landed a nice one in the 5 to 6 lb range.... everybody that I spoke to was hooking fish...apparently I have to learn how to set a hook but it's better than nothing!

I'll land one yet!!!

Good Fishin guys!

UF

Glad to hear you got into a few even though none were landed. I appreciate your optimism and look forward to a post showcasing your success in the next few days as I'm sure you'll be out for a rematch with those trout.

Corn Nug

Thanks dude!!

I wish I could get out over the next couple days but by the time I get home from work it's dark out! I guess I could try to drag my butt out of bed and giv'er a go before work but that's pretty ambitious!!! haha ...hhhmmm I think I might be comming down with something...... ;)

cheers!

UF

I've got the same problem man. Work is 20 mins from home and some of my fishing holes are minutes away but daylight is not on our sides. I'm too lazy to get up before work too. I'm sure the shortest day of the year has passed or is at least coming soon and some evening angling is near as long as these mild temps stay.

Corn Nug

Edited by Corn Nug

I've got the same problem man. Work is 20 mins from home and some of my fishing holes are minutes away but daylight is not on our sides. I'm too lazy to get up before work too. I'm sure the shortest day of the year has passed or is at least coming soon and some evening angling is near as long as these mild temps stay.

Corn Nug

the worst part is I normally work from Noon to 8 p.m. but the other assistant editor is on holidays so I have to hold the fort from 9 to 5 this week! buuummmeeer (my Girlfriend and Daughter are out of town until friday to!)

I hear you on hook setting lessons!!! I started trib fishing a few weeks ago...been out 4 times. The first 3 I had some hits...but no fish on. Today I had my first fish on....took about 30 ft of drag, fought a bit, then I lost it. Man...was I pumped! I had ppl to my right pull a beauty out of the water...he also lost 2. To my left about 200 yards there were 7 people on the banks....they pulled out five!!! Man....was I jealous!! LOL.

I do know that with each outing I'm learning more and more....you'll land your first soon I'm sure....I hope I will too!