Help with Quantum Pro tour reel

Cudz

I have lost the box and owners manual and can't get the side plate off the reel. It has a small sliding button underneath. I push that over and try to somehow slide the plate off but I don't even know which way it pivots or slides. Any help would be greatful as I am deperately trying to tune this reel.

thanks

Braking system was nothing what I was expecting. I was hoping it was like my shimanos with the circular weights on the axel. No dice. This thing looks complicated. I need to find my box with the manual in it. I fished this reel the other day and it was birdsnesting badly. I adjusted the spool tension but it made it slow and cast were short. I snapped off a $13 lure on a birdsnest that began once my lure was 3/4 out. Snapped off 20 lb power pro in my reel. Watched my Lucky Craft lure sail off into the distance. Not cool.

Anyone know how to adjust these things?

Edited by Cudz

the braking system is located on the outside of the reel. on the side cover u took off, that dial on that side is the braking adjustments. its not done from inside the reel. they can be a bit stiff when takin the side cover off, but once u get it, it comes off easier. but yea, the braking adjustments are made from outside the reel, not inside it. i only use quantum equipment, i have both the tour edition and energy PT reels. if ya need another copy of the schematics or the manual from it, let me know, i'll scan it and send ya a copy.

the braking system is located on the outside of the reel. on the side cover u took off, that dial on that side is the braking adjustments. its not done from inside the reel. they can be a bit stiff when takin the side cover off, but once u get it, it comes off easier. but yea, the braking adjustments are made from outside the reel, not inside it. i only use quantum equipment, i have both the tour edition and energy PT reels. if ya need another copy of the schematics or the manual from it, let me know, i'll scan it and send ya a copy.

I do realize that the braking sstem is on the outside. I have had about 15 baitcasting reels in the past and all have an internal system you can manipulate. These Quantums do not allow that type of tuning obviously. I am going to have to spend a bunch more time on the water to tune this thing to work properly. It is a super smooth reel. Of the 6 baitcasters I am currently using it is the most finicky by far.

Edited by Cudz

• 2 weeks later...
yeah. I got it in Jan. for the same price but in Canada.

I figured there was a model update on the way after Quantum's price slashing across their flagship product lines.

I just saw the new Tour PT and Energy PT casting reels and they look very nice. I can't wait to try them out even though i'm not a quantum guy. It looks like they used ideas from the high end aftermarket daiwa products and they got the weight of the Tour way down to under 8 Oz...still not close to the Daiwa steez but getting there.