Fishfinder question

HTHM

I just recieved a JRC FF10 for Fathers day, and I was wondering what your opinions of the machine are. I could not find anything on the net or on Japan Radio Company's website regarding this paticular model. Actually I found one question dated back in 1998.....

My wife and youngest daughter bought this for me at Dowsar Marine on James Street in Hamilton. Based on the one question my concern is that they may have been taken advantage of, and sold a unit that is way out of date.

It gives speed, water temp and depth readings and puts out 480 watts (80 watts RMS), at 200 KHZ

Thanks for your responses.

Edited by hometownhandyman

my opinion is if they paid more the $10, they were taken advantage of...

80W RMS is crap... an average fishfinder now has around 200+W RMS ( and i ain't talkin about a $1000+ lowrance either)

never heard of JRC nor Dowsar Marine

Thats right,like the member said 80 rms is nothing,and another thing i havenever heard of that company,and as well 450watts is nothing either,what about if it breaks down where do you get parts,i think you should take it back and get a lowrance or eagle,or humminbird....cheers by the way no offence i just want you to be informed.....if you need help on getting a decent unit,for a few hundred let me know,i can give you some models to look at and you can go to thier websites and check them out as well

Edited by fishindevil