Musky bucktail reel?

danbo

I would advise you to stay with a lower gear reel for all Musky baits. Something around 5.3.

Big baits block plenty of water and put a big strain on your wrist etc. cranking them in with a high gear reel.

I tried to used a 6.2 Chronarch to crank Bucktails at the Moon River one time and learned my lesson...grin.

High speed reels are okay for Bass size baits, but anything over an ounce will wear you out.

I use the Abu C4 because of the high ratio, 6.3 to 1. It's great for bulging the surface with bucktails. I have caught musky up to 48" on it without a problem. I don't fish for musky 100 times a year though, but I've had the reel since 2001.

I use the Abu C4 because of the high ratio, 6.3 to 1. It's great for bulging the surface with bucktails. I have caught musky up to 48" on it without a problem. I don't fish for musky 100 times a year though, but I've had the reel since 2001.

Jedi are you a member of KW MCI?

what do you mean by muskie bucktail?

boos.jpg

the lure on your left (mepps muskie marabou) you can throw with a 200 curado. the lure on your right will make a c4 tremble.

Mepps Musky Killer. I tried some of the larger ones but I don't like double trebles, and I couldn't make them go fast enough for my liking. They're cheap, they're durable and they go 100mph. When I need to go faster I use the Giant Killer with the willow blade.

killchrt.jpg

what do you mean by muskie bucktail?

boos.jpg

the lure on your left (mepps muskie marabou) you can throw with a 200 curado. the lure on your right will make a c4 tremble.

The bucktail on the right gets my jones going.

Jedi I just thought if you were a member I might know you.