Fishing was good, sunset and scenery awesome(IMO)

limeyangler

Hi Y'all,

Went out for a quick session late afternoon yesterday. All in all pretty similar to my usual exploits in Mile Lake. Started off pretty quiet, and tried lots of different presentations i.e. Mepps spinners, crank baits, jerk baits, suspending minnow(Rapala), Yo-Zuri crystal minnows and of course my trusty float set up with live minnow.

The only real interest I had in my activities for the first hour was from a beaver who was none to pleased with my presence, he would swim about for a bit then make an almighty crash with his flat tale, guess he was trying to scare me off....maybe that’s what was spooking the fish, so i took a quick video of him and looked to find another spot.

th_2.jpgth_2.jpg

I basically put in the bow mount trolling motor and trolled along the shore line casting right to shore and slow retrieving to the boat....i was about 30 or 40 feet from shore. A pattern started to emerge. firstly as soon as i hit shallow sloping rocky shorelines, i would catch bass. As soon as i was casting into emerging weedbed bays i would get Pike. It was also apparent that the walleye were not in their usual haunts, and had no takers on any of the afore mentioned presentations, did not try hard for them though as i was having too much fun with bass, perch and small pike.

I figure that the rocky shoreline location of the bass must have something to do with their breeding/nesting habits and that they like to make their nests in rocky/pebble locations? I now just have to work out where they are and how to catch them in August when they leave the nests, cuz that’s when the local bass tourney is on, and if i can get as many as have been getting the last few weeks i will get into the prizes for sure!!! MR. BAKER WINS THE CHINA TEA SET!!!! :lol:

It was a slow day by comparison to recent trips out, but the weather has been up and down all week, lots of storms might have something to do with it, mind you it makes for some spectacular scenery pics.

Here's a few fishy pics from the day.

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

As i said , the storms may have slowed the fishing somewhat...put the scenery before and after the storms is breathtaking....here's loads of piccys from yesterday...sorry all you dial up customers :whistling:

STORM CLEARING JUST BEFORE I HEADED OUT

1.jpg

SUN BEGINNING TO SET

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

SUNSET NEAR MY FAVOURITE WALLEYE MARK

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

THE VIEW IN OUR BAY

14.jpg

15.jpg

THE VIEW FROM OUR SHORELINE

16-1.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

thanks for the replies folks, i'm glad you allenjoyed those pics, i am simply blown away at how spectacular the scenery is here, England was scenic...but this wins hands down, thinking i'm very lucky to be here. Cant wait for my folks (mum and dad) to visit from England in August so we can spend some time together in these beautiful surroundings.

Joey, if ya are up this way there is always a spare bed for a couple days, least i can do for travellers :)