Anyone fishing Port Dover today?

shane

I was there last night, just slaying the perch .. then the boats showed up. Never did understand why people that live in town have to bring their boats to the pier rather than just walk or drive in (they have residence passes anyway). Anywho, cut our perchin' short. Report to come though. It was already a nut house on Tuesday night, last night unbearable. Won't catch me in town on the 13th. Been through that enough when I lived there!

It's called "biker's night" where all the bikers from across Canada come to Port Dover and party 'er up. The Port Dover board of trade has actually franchised "Friday 13th" as booths coming to sell merchandise during the event have to sell 'official' sanctioned Friday 13th apparel. It costs 25 bucks a t-shirt at wholesale - do the math on how much profit they make. Bah-humbug. I hate Friday 13th. Why can't the bikers just go where everyone else goes - Toronto!

I can understand the locals not enjoying it very much. It was interesting though to hear on the radio that EVERY organized charity in Norfolk county makes more on this one day than they do canvassing for the whole rest of the year..... So more power to them I say but then I am not there fighting the crowds LOL.