Mudhole.com

Stoty

I might place an order next week, because they seem to have great prices.

I am just waiting on a shipping estimate from them.

Has anyone purchased anything from them before?

Thanks,

*Stoty

I have purchased a number of things from Mudhole (epoxy, reel seats, guides, etc). I normally order from Mudhole when I can't find stuff locally. Service was good and they carry some stuff not found anywhere else. Sometimes they use FedEx and other times they use USPS for international orders in Canada - you'll see it on the online invoice. Wait times range from 3-5 days with FedEx and 3-5wks with USPS. I imagine if you call in, you can specify which option you want to choose. They're the only place in North America that regularly stocks size 40 Fuji SIC double footed guides which I use on my carp rods.

Hope this helps

I might place an order next week, because they seem to have great prices.

I am just waiting on a shipping estimate from them.

Has anyone purchased anything from them before?

Thanks,

*Stoty

If you buy anything from the U.S. just a word of advice unless they tell you the brokerage fees are included from a shipping quote with UPS expect to pay up to 25% of the total at the door or on an invoice from UPS.... Cabelas and Bass Pro the fee is included but a lot of other retailers from the U.S. it isn't and can be HUGE surprise at the door. Or in the case of Fedex you get an invoice in the mail up to a month later..... USPS the brokerage is paid by you but is only 5.00 dollars + tax and whatever the import tariff is on the item if it is made in North America no tariff. USPS much better for Canadians as a shipping option.

Edited by Canuck2fan

Hey MJL, what were the shipping costs like?

I've only ordered small items from Mudhole. Whatever I order usually fits in a small box. In my case shipping + customs + whatever brokerage/handling fees the courier billed me turned out to be anywhere from 25-40% of the price of the merchandise. I imagine when ordering over-sized items like rod blanks from the States, expect to have to pay for some form of over-sized handling fee from the courier.

Last year I ordered my dream carp rod blank from another vendor in the States...Shipping turned out to be a lot more than I ever imagined. It's worth checking a few places in Canada to see if they have what you need before ordering from the States.

Edited by MJL

I've only ordered small items from Mudhole. Whatever I order usually fits in a small box. In my case shipping + customs + whatever brokerage/handling fees the courier billed me turned out to be anywhere from 25-40% of the price of the merchandise. I imagine when ordering over-sized items like rod blanks from the States, expect to have to pay for some form of over-sized handling fee from the courier.

Last year I ordered my dream carp rod blank from another vendor in the States...Shipping turned out to be a lot more than I ever imagined. It's worth checking a few places in Canada to see if they have what you need before ordering from the States.

I used to order a lot of scuba gear from the States. It didn't take me long to figure out that I didn't want it being sent via some of the courier outfits. I could always count on a hefty brokerage fee plus whatever duties applied. If memory serves the worst was an order for about $300 US from Colorado. The various duties and brokerage fees came to an extra $140. A sensible dealer in Pennsylvania finally explained to me the difference between letting the sender use couriers and insisting on mail service. The couriers pick up from the dealers but not the post office. He warned all his foreign customers about it and took the trouble to put it in the mail. I for one appreciated it.

JF

Here is the policy from the site...

However, we can ship international orders via Air Parcel Post if requested by the buyer. Do to past problems with Air Parcel Post, we will not be responsible for lost or damaged goods. All goods requested to be shipped Air Parcel Post will be shipped insured and return receipt request.

I guess they are insured then? If something was to happen, would they just replace my order, and send again?

It's worth checking a few places in Canada to see if they have what you need before ordering from the States.

Do you know the names of Canadian sites like mudhole?