Kawartha fishing June 7th

ehg

Hi, went up to Pigeon Lake with Mikeh from board for a little fishing in Saturdays heat.

Wind was a bit gusty most of day but the fishing was still good.

At least it was calm in lee of islands.

lake.jpg

Had so much a few weeks ago catching panfish on microtube/float setup tried again today.

Panfish were now scattered and embedded in weeds. Still managed some crappie, bluegills and

some fairly large perch.

Some pictures of black crappie.

IMG_0002-4.jpg

Another one

IMG_0003-5-1.jpg

Kept some of these for the pan.

Decided to head over to Little Bald lake which is connected to Pigeon to take a few casts for Musky.

Mike started throwing a white musky spinnerbait and fairly quickly got a strike.

The fish jumped straight into the air once hooked and spat the bait.

I was throwing a firetiger musky spinnerbait and had a fish on shortly after which i lost in weeds and lily pads.

Decided to head back into Pigeon and troll some shallow weedlines with big spinnerbaits.

Again Mike hits a fish fairly quickly, kinda small but first musky boated for him this year.

IMG_0005-9.jpg

Shortly after on same run i hit into a fish.This little dude jumped a bunch of times before releasing itself boatside.

IMG_0009-2.jpg

The single hooks on spinnerbaits made for few quick unintentional releases on this musky opener today.

cheers,

ehg

Thanks for replies!

Ended up spending 3/4 of the day fishing for panfish for some reason. :stretcher:

It was easier than throwing musky baits in the wind and heat i guess.

Measured 67 -68 degrees on main body of lake for surface temp, and 72 -75 in shallow bays.

The thread on 'Musky opener tatics' i think helped us catch some muskies when we tried.

Got the idea of staying shallow and using big spinnerbaits which really helped me stay away from summer/fall spots.

ehg

Nice job guys. I was also out on Pigeon on saturday, with no luck though. The south end of the lack was lacking weeds entirely. I think we found about 2 spots with very very remote patches. No luck though. We tried at the north end of Big as well and came up short. Should have headed into the Bald Lakes.

Great job though. Nice to start the season with a few fish. Thats a few more then I started with.