Saugeen River

A buddy of mine has land out around Markdale and recently got back into fishing. We're going to head out that way next week to try our luck. I did some research and the river apparently holds bass, pike, specks, browns, rainbows and salmon. Are these trout strictly migratory or are there residents to be had? Neither one of us know much about this river. Any tips and/or insight would be amazing.

there be muskie in them waters too.

nice river to fish. best bet is to have two cars, put in with a canoe up river then float down to car #2. upper reaches hold res. trout.

if i'm not mistaken, the rocky is in the upper stretches. i personally have only fished the 'geen closer to l. huron (walkerton -> l. huron), so i don't have any specific info for you. just grab a canoe and go.. at worst you spend a day floatin' on the river (bring the banjo :D)

Edited by Raf

The area around Markdale is a brook trout haven.

The Rocky Saugeen to the west around Traverston is incredible for brookies.

The Beaver River near Kimberley and upstream is great for brookies,

all the little branches of river in the area have brookies. Get some # 2 Panther Martins and you should be good to go.

ehg

Brotha.. It's a world class smallmouth fishery, and they lluuuuvv top water baits.

Too bad opener is still a ways away.. teehhhee

Whats the good word for tonight homay?

H to the D

Nice! I'm doing a BBQ at the neighbors across the street so I reckon I'll be good and liquored and ready for bed by 10:00 PM! I've got some caribou tenderloin tips that I'm about to marinade in a nice Côtes du Rhône syrah and shallots and I'm a gonna skewer those bad boys right up. My mouth is watering already!

The area around Markdale is a brook trout haven.

The Rocky Saugeen to the west around Traverston is incredible for brookies.

The Beaver River near Kimberley and upstream is great for brookies,

all the little branches of river in the area have brookies. Get some # 2 Panther Martins and you should be good to go.

ehg

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I'm really looking forward to this journey! Is the Rocky navigable by canoe?

Edited by Billy - Curtiss

H to the D.

the word is I'm illn' (not in good way either) ;)

yah i realize you're talking to the billy.

No worries. I shoulda made that homay(s)..

Get better son. No better therapy than a little bait polishing session, a litle Queens and some chicken noodle soop..

HD

Nice! I'm doing a BBQ at the neighbors across the street so I reckon I'll be good and liquored and ready for bed by 10:00 PM! I've got some caribou tenderloin tips that I'm about to marinade in a nice Côtes du Rhône syrah and shallots and I'm a gonna skewer those bad boys right up. My mouth is watering already!

Duude! What a koinkidink.. I've got some moose tenderlon thawing on the counter.. I'm supposed to hit this Birthday BBQ with the missus, but I doubt they'll dig it... they'll all be silk wearing vegans!

You in a sharing mood? Get me outta this thing dagnit. I'm gonna blow a gasket.

yyeee wut

HD

thanks HD, i'm getting better. hope to spend sime time with the girls (stellas), maybe a little 'gardening' and some queens for sure.

those moose steaks sounds mighty good though!! come on by haha

thanks HD, i'm getting better. hope to spend sime time with the girls (stellas), maybe a little 'gardening' and some queens for sure.

those moose steaks sounds mighty good though!! come on by haha

HAHAAH. You should feist your eyes on my k2s... they're lovely!

Let's do a Barby sometime. YO B-C.. That means you too brotha.

It's Friday peoples.. Let's get S-T-U-P-I-D.

HD