Tips on installing boat seats

Black_Blade

I am looking at putting some seats into my 12 foot aluminum...want to install those release a seat things onto the bench seat and then the swivel I assume just slips into this outfit. Question is...do you simply screw those release-a-seat's down to the metal benches, or would it be better for to put a piece of 3/4" ply down first to screw or put some bolts thru it. Then just use adhesive and screws to secure the ply down?

Boat is at storage now, so can remember if there is access to under the seat or not...can't remember from last season...lol.

I am looking at putting some seats into my 12 foot aluminum...want to install those release a seat things onto the bench seat and then the swivel I assume just slips into this outfit. Question is...do you simply screw those release-a-seat's down to the metal benches, or would it be better for to put a piece of 3/4" ply down first to screw or put some bolts thru it. Then just use adhesive and screws to secure the ply down?

Boat is at storage now, so can remember if there is access to under the seat or not...can't remember from last season...lol.

i'd bolt it down... i was just going to start a thread on this as well...

anyone have any ideas on how to secure a pedestal base to my deck? i had it on there pretty good with the original wood screws, but i had a buddy over helping me mount some stuff and he was sitting on the seat leaning forward and pulled the screws out.. thank god we were in the garage and not full throttle out on the water..

i dont have access to the underside of the deck either..

Not so sure that I would do it. Aluminum 12' ers are generally pretty shallow and not designed for pedestal type seats. You will have a pretty high centre of gravity sitting on that seat and may go for an unanticipated swim.

Just my .002...

Not so sure that I would do it. Aluminum 12' ers are generally pretty shallow and not designed for pedestal type seats. You will have a pretty high centre of gravity sitting on that seat and may go for an unanticipated swim.

Just my .002...

Was just wanting to put the seats with a swivel base on them...I wouldn't want to try putting the seats up higher on pedestals....would be nie if I could, but you're right, it would be way to tippy. Just want something to make it more comfy.

Check out this thread.

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19760

in post # 9 he comments on the seat. I think your going the same route when talking about the wood...

Yeah, thats the idea I guess I was kicking around. Wow, sure wish could do that kinda make over magic with a 12 footer...lol, ah well just hafta wait till can trade up to something bigger to do that kinda thing...for now be happy with putting in some seats for comfort and figger out how to install a bow mount electric motor that I can run from the back of the boat....I'm sure that will more than do me for now :)

Was just wanting to put the seats with a swivel base on them...I wouldn't want to try putting the seats up higher on pedestals....would be nie if I could, but you're right, it would be way to tippy. Just want something to make it more comfy.

somthing like this work for ya?

ctc mount

for now be happy with putting in some seats for comfort and figger out how to install a bow mount electric motor that I can run from the back of the boat....I'm sure that will more than do me for now :)

The seats the easy part. LeBaron has a few diff. seat mounts as well for less then CTC.

is it the power or the searing for the bow mount you are wondering about? I read someone post about using jumper cables as a cable extension. Clip off the ends and wire them together to make it longer... I'm sure if you search for 'jumper cables' here you will find the post. If it's the stearing, hope you have a long reach and a longer stick attached to the handle if you are not going wireless... :D

The seats the easy part. LeBaron has a few diff. seat mounts as well for less then CTC.

is it the power or the searing for the bow mount you are wondering about? I read someone post about using jumper cables as a cable extension. Clip off the ends and wire them together to make it longer... I'm sure if you search for 'jumper cables' here you will find the post. If it's the stearing, hope you have a long reach and a longer stick attached to the handle if you are not going wireless... :D

The Powerdrive V2 that I was looking at on LaBaron's comes with a 18' cord on its foot pedal, so in a 12 foot boat that should work until can afford that nifty little remote that clips on your belt...:)

I wouldnt go this route, my buddy has this and if you lean back even when clamped, the seat slips and you almost go in the drink. Unfortunately, they are a great idea, just not perfected yet.

yup.. i had those.. if u lean to much on them, it'll just pop right out.