Plastic Grub Trailers on Muskie Inline Bucktails

fishinggeek

Now that muskie season is fast approaching, thought I'd improve my odds by trying plastic trailers on my inline bucktails. I've seen grubs rigged by taking the treble off first, but this can be annoying where there's a lot of pike. Can anyone suggest any better ways? Can I just hook the grub body onto one of the treble hooks, or use those special spring holders (think they're called hitchhikers)?

you can switch to a single siwash.. otherwise, no shortcuts that i know of - you have to take the treble off. it's not that much work! lol

Are you calling me lazy? ;) From an esteemed muskie fisherman, I'll take your advice and bite my lip every time a snot rocket rips a grub. They always seem to do that when I'm in the grove of casting though, that's why I wanted a short cut. Thanks for the info.

The tapered end goes through the square end, and you pull it tight.

It locks into place after about the first inch of plastic. They cannot be loosened, so you have to cut them off if you want to remove them.

Doesn't the zip ties get a bit clunky and effect the action? Raf, maybe I'll give taking the treble off another chance. You're right it isn't hard, but I just hate changing it. Usually I can't find my split ring pliers and end up using my nails, hurting them, then cursing.