Spring/Winter Fishing Adventure North Of Cochrane

Basskicker

What an absolute great fish'n tale, and thanks for taking us along for the ride !!

That pike is a definate trophy and most of us will only ever dream of catching one as big.

Incredible trip !!

Wow, talk about extreme weather, bet you guys were glad you had that huge tent with the woodstove!

Fantastic report and even better pictures bud. Would have loved to have seen some pic's of the launch and the take-out (I'll assume it went a bit better this year?).

Quite the load of gear you guys hauled in there, you definitely don't suffer on these trips! :)

Hey Mike....actually this year we lucked out....we paid some guy $10 for launching.....little did he know I would have paid $100 :thumbsup_anim: after last year's episode. And yes the tent is awesome, but would be useless without the wood stove. I was actually complaining about the heat at times.

Thanks guys for all the replies....it was certainly an epic adventure like always. That's what I love about it.....extreme weather and extreme fishing on a budget. There are thousands of lakes in northern ontario that are filled with HUGE pike...the locals HATE pike. With a little research and adventure anyone can find an hidden gem of a lake filled with fish just as good as most fly-ins for 1/4 of the cost. I'm going back in August for 2 weeks with my wife after the wedding (part B of our honeymoon)-her idea :thumbsup_anim: