GO WINGS GO!

Stoty

Going into one of the toughest venues to play, down 3-1 against a much more experienced team and beating them in triple OT, that's impressive. Two of their key players are in major slumps and their youth has hurt more than I thought it would.

The Pens are one game away from tying it up despite being outplayed for virtually the entire series. "Clearly on another level"? I want what you're smoking. This series is 3-2 and going back to Pittsburgh.

The Pens rarely outshoot their opponents. They usually just make them count. I'll take where we are.

1) It wasnt the team that beat DET it was Fleury.

2) They didnt even score their 2nd goal, lucky bounce

3) Got a lucky bounce (again) to tie it with 30 secs left.

4) They had 3 PP in OT. (The first two looked like they had no idea what to do with an extra guy on the ice)

Being outshot, outhit, out chanced...I hardly find that impressive.

Its a young mans series now...lets see who has the legs after triple 0T. I fell asleep in mid-2OT, my buddy (real big Wings fan) drove down to see the game, back in the office at 9am today feelin the pain.

30 seconds from winning the Cup, boy thats gotta hurt LOL

I smell game 7.

30 seconds from winning the Cup, boy thats gotta hurt LOL

Not as much as it is going to losing game 7!

wondered when you were going to pipe up!

hey, how are you making out in the pool?

Hmmm... 2:1 SOG, almost 3:1 possession and basically winning every puck battle from one end to the other... I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I think Detroit not only outplayed Pittsburgh, but basically beat the crap out of them all over the ice. Fleury stole the game and may very well steal the cup the way he's playing but make no mistake about it, Detroit is a complete team from front to back and clearly on a different level than the Pens. It's amazing watching that team play...

Isn't that playoff hockey?????????????

Stoty, the way you whine it seems like your team is losing the series. Feeling the pressure, eh? If only we could get Malkin and Malone to wake up.

I'd be a little concerned if my team was "dominating" the series but still finds ways to lose. Especially at home with a chance to eliminate a much lesser opponent, as some say.

The Wings PP is nothing to brag about either.

Fleury is a huge part of it but he doesn't score goals. Every playoff team needs great goaltending. You act as if it's something new.

Say what you want, nobody gave them a chance last night and they pulled it off despite very long odds. Regardless of who wins the Cup, that was a big win for those guys.

If it gets that far, I'd love to watch a Game 7 with you. Too bad we're so far apart.

I hardly think shelling out the facts is whining.

PIT got lucky last night plain and simple.

Det is just that much of a better team. They have dominated them in each game.

Just shows what a hot goalie can do.

Are the Pens a good team? Yes

Do they deserve to be there? Yes

Lets hope that the Pens actually show up tomorrow and force a game 7.

Fine, you beat me in the pool (and probably won it) after the scores in the first two games of the finals...I picked all Pens whenI was in 7th and everyone ahead of me was heavy into the Wings, hoping for Crosby Malkin and company having a goalfest, but that didn't happen and even if detroit loses and its only by one goal I don't make up any significant ground...

Malkins been MIA for a while

so congrats to you cause I give credit where credits due (also Kudos for doing it without any trades)

This is my official surrender in the pool, unless Pens beat Detroit 10-0 in the next 2 games.

Really just glad to see a contest forming and I'd like to see Crosby hoist the Cup instead of the old timers getting it again for the fourth and fifth time.

Stoty, the way you whine it seems like your team is losing the series. Feeling the pressure, eh? If only we could get Malkin and Malone to wake up.

I'd be a little concerned if my team was "dominating" the series but still finds ways to lose. Especially at home with a chance to eliminate a much lesser opponent, as some say.

The Wings PP is nothing to brag about either.

Fleury is a huge part of it but he doesn't score goals. Every playoff team needs great goaltending. You act as if it's something new.

Say what you want, nobody gave them a chance last night and they pulled it off despite very long odds. Regardless of who wins the Cup, that was a big win for those guys.

If it gets that far, I'd love to watch a Game 7 with you. Too bad we're so far apart.

:worthy:

1) It wasnt the team that beat DET it was Fleury.

2) They didnt even score their 2nd goal, lucky bounce

3) Got a lucky bounce (again) to tie it with 30 secs left.

4) They had 3 PP in OT. (The first two looked like they had no idea what to do with an extra guy on the ice)

3a) Fleury got away with an interference just be4 the goal there IMO... when Wings dumped the puck into Pens zone and Fleury got all the way out of his net to along the end board trying to block the Wings forechecker from getting to the puck.

3b) Zetterberg had the puck in the neutral zone and couldn't clear/shoot the puck (net was empty I think?) as the puck kept bouncing over his stick due to the bad ice.

If the goalie was being superman like Fleury did, eventually someone is gona scored, off a stupid mistake, a lucky bounce etc, even if their team isn't doing jack.... and to me that's exactly what happened there with Pens. They got a chance (oh wait, 3rd chance) off a stupid mistake by the highstick... AND a good bounce in their favour and scored... And that leads to:

5) During that final PP... Pens left pointman's shoot missed the net completely and was gona bounce over to Osgood's right side... the whole Wings PK unit looked/shifted/collapsed to the right side, naturally.... only to see the puck bounced off the linesman's butt and reversed its direction going back to the left side AND landed right on the stick of Malkin, who hadn't done a thing whole game. That 1 second of bouncing puck pretty much was the main reason why Sykora got opened up in the left slot.

I'm not a big fan of Detroit nor Pitts.... but I'd like the better team wins... which will be Detroit from what's been shown so far this series... by a mile and then some.

Being a Canucks fans myself, this is all too familiar... when the whole team don't show up to play and it's all the superman goalie (Luongo) keeping the game close. I can't even count how many Canucks games I've watched this year that it's basically Team Luongo vs opponent Team. It's sad. Yesterday's Game 5 was exactly that for the Pens.

Edited by oncogene

It's been great playoffs this year and here we are 1st week in June and hockey should be over this week. I remember the finals in the 6 team league being held the same weekend as opening for rainbow (1st wknd in May)

Last night's game was great to watch, lots of action, lots of opportunities. Shows how dominating a game doesn't mean much, scoring more goals wins games.

I mispent my childhood being a Wings fan, was ready to jump back on the bandwagon, but I'd like to see Pittsburgh win too. I'll wait for game 7 and flip a coin.

Hi guys, I am from pittsburgh and I live 20 minutes from the city. The city is going nuts right now. Geez, I cannot even concentrate on work.. A few things, its been a great ride. Great games and fun stuff to watch. The wings have looked really great in all the games. I think right now though the Penguins will take over. Its just a gut feeling.. I will be at the game tonight, with the other 18,000 pens fans.. Its a white out and the Igloo will rock.. One thing I did notice is, the Pittsburgh crowd is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more into it than the detroit fans.. I thought detroit was hockeytown???

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PENS

One thing I did notice is, the Pittsburgh crowd is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY more into it than the detroit fans.. I thought detroit was hockeytown???

Ya because they only sold the tickets to the PITTS area!

Which I am still VERY ticked about. Its pathetic actually.

"We dont want DET fans in the building" is what I am taking from it.

Thats not what sport is about. Nothing wrong with a little competition.

I don,t think you are right stoty.. The games are all sold out. 1,000 tickets went on sale yesterday and they sold them in 3 minutes. First come, first serve... And they were all standing room only seats.. I actually could of went to game 5 in detroit. They had over 5,000 seats left. Not good..

Believe me....on ticketmaster they only sold tickets to the PITS area.

I was online waiting for them to go on sale. Only to have that notice pop up 2 mins before they went on sale.

I wasnt a happy camper.

Here is the blurb.....directly from ticketmaster right now.

"Additional Information:

Mellon Arena is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of PA, OH, WV, MD, NY, NJ, DE, VA and the District of Columbia. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside of PA, OH, WV, MD, NY, NJ, DE, VA and the District of Columbia will be canceled without notice and refunds given."

Here is the link: Pens Tickets