Sparrow Lake

Pike_Nut71

I normally have launched at Sumach Hill Cottages on the Severn river right at the Swing bridge. Launch is never busy its a short ride to the south part of the lake and the fishing in the river can be pretty good. Try the flat just to your right when you get out on the lake. Stay back 3/4 of your casting distance off of the drop off.Cast up onto it and retreive back to the boat. Has produced many a toothy esocid for me.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Hey guys, I am hoping to take Monday off and get out to do some fishin. I could use a little info on Sparrow Lake and the best place to launch from. I have a 14 foot tinny, and I am lookin for some pike action.

Thanks in advance.

Tony

Well I tell ya.

Lauderdale Marine is a good one. Not the cheapest launch,but you got parking,and very close to good pike and eye fishing.

Hit duck bay and also just outside of there to the west. Look for the weed edge and give that a go.

Husky jerk in the bass works very well.

Hope that helps.

Lauderdale is located 160 km north of Toronto off hwy 11 in the Muskokas it is the first lake in the Muskokas, by road you take Hwy 400 north to hwy 11 past Orillia, to South Sparrow Lake Rd at Hawkins Corners, you turn right and right again up and over the highway, at the stop sign turn left you will see a Lauderdale point Marina sign. Follow this road for 7 kms. Turn right at Peninsula Point Road over the tracks now stay left for 4 kms you will end up in our driveway.

Ill second the weedlines in Duck Bay. Sumach Hill is way cheaper than Lauderdales and they let you park there as well. Or did I havent fished there in a couple of years.

That place has changed. If Im thinking the same place(on yer right at the bridge) they have remodled the whole place. Looks like they built mini condos there and I did not see much for parking there. This was last year.

Lauderdales $15 in/out park .

Fished there last Sunday , left my rear van door wide open all day , came back to find the two boat seats , fly rod still there :thumbsup_anim: Good security I guess.

Water is high , like everywhere , also try the bay ( not sure of anme ) around to the left of the launch.

we did fairly well with 4-5 med size and one over 32 . Left camera at home so no pics.

usually fish Sparrow 3-4 times a year .Summer weekends are real busy , but mid week is good .

Pretty lake and lot sof good looking shore lines.

TB

Hmmmm.....

I dont know about this Tinbanger guy....always "forgetting" his camera home.... :whistling:

Meely

PS....Havent fished Sparrow in a while..but when we did, we launched from Port Stanton (I think) out of one of the resorts......been a while tho...always did very well for pike.

Good Luck !!

Edited by Meely