Lake O Kings and New Spoons

I am a troller by nature. I have so far this year been riggin salmon on Lake Huron and plan to hit lake Erie for Bows this Sunday, I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck fishing Kings out of Bronte on Lake Ontario?? Also I have discovered a new spoon at my local tackle shop. It is similar to a Northern King but the finish is entirely powder coated. So far I have caught lots of coho, lake trout, and kings on them and there is not one mark in the finish. I am very impressed the are called Nitro spoons and I hope to use them for walleye on Lake Erie as well and hope the finish stands up to the razor sharp teeth, if they do I will spend a ton less replacing spoons this summer. I think they have a web site Nitrospoons.ca

Any way some info on Lake O Kings would be great. Thanks :thumbsup_anim:.

Nice spoon - looks like most of them now cast of the NK or Luhr Jensen concept

Bronte has been very good this year. Colder water has pushed in and stacked up the alewife west end of the lake. Both Bronte and 16 mile creek are chock full of alewife. As long as we keep the cold water on this side the kings should stick around a bit longer.

Also check out At the Oak website. American side stuff run by charter captain and the harbor master. They're always 1-2 years ahead of the pack with techniques and new spoons. Hot spoon on the south side this year has been Dreamweaver Super Slim. Looks like the old school lite flutter spoons are coming back. I had a SS down for only 10 minutes last weekend and it fired on a 17 lb king.

Now if I could only find some Daredevil Flutter Chucks!!!!

hey pirate,

thanks for the tips. My wife's folks are in London ON and have a trailer at Erieau. We plan to be there with the boat this August, i only have a 17' aluminum tin pot boat so i know i will have to be careful on a large water body like that but i want to give it a go as ive never caught steelheads...will it be possible to try with the boat i have.? given i might need to run back in pretty quick and dont want to go far out.

hey pirate,

thanks for the tips. My wife's folks are in London ON and have a trailer at Erieau. We plan to be there with the boat this August, i only have a 17' aluminum tin pot boat so i know i will have to be careful on a large water body like that but i want to give it a go as ive never caught steelheads...will it be possible to try with the boat i have.? given i might need to run back in pretty quick and dont want to go far out.

On a calm day your 17' will be plenty of boat on Lake Erie, those Nitro Spoons are available at the General Store right in Erieau or were 2 weeks ago when we were up there. Tons 'O Tackle in St. Thomas has them and I have seen a few at Angling Outfitters in Woodstock. I don't think the have caught on in lots of places yet but man the finish is double tough!!! I hate buying spoon after spoon when the fish wear off the finish!! I used to keep a full set of sharpies on the boat to touch up my spoons when trolling on Lake Erie.. The walleye absolutely wipe the finish off spoons I have had some wiped out in just a couple outings! August btw is one of the best months to fish Lake Erie the bows are in thick and the walleye bite is red hot. Try Orange Slurpee down deep 44' and Muffin Man up about 30' and use sliders. Blacks, purples, orange, and spoons with copper backs are deadly in that area! Good Luck.

Bronte is pretty hot right now.

Check out www.spoonpullers.com

:-)

It is a good haul to head up that way what are the best and worst wind conditions to launch from Bronte in?? I have turned into a Fair weather Fisherman lately with the price of gas I'd sooner stay home than get bounced around in big surf. Thanks!