Kawartha Walleye

Rich

We are headed up for our annual kawartha musky opener trip but we are going up a day early this year. Decided that the first day since musky aren't open yet we will spend much of the day targetting walleye and crappies. I don't normally target the 'eyes this time of year. What types of structure are they hanging to lately, the usual weedlines in 8 - 10 fow? Trolling or jigging?

No specifics needed, just wondering what types of structure we should be covering.

Thanks in advance!

I was up a bit more North East of the Kawarthas on like the 11-13th kind of thing and am heading out again for few days this week. Fishing is still a bit of a post spawn pattern for the picks......water is still pretty cold..lokk for areas that have a big transstion form sand to sparse weeds that are just starting to grow..to rock edges along sandy areas..or where there is still some of the dead stuff around from winter with a bit of fresh weeds in the mix....fish really slow.....if you fish shallow like 7-9 fow water kind of deal try spinner baits, that was the ticket for me for pike and eyes 2 weeks ago...fished super slow wioth a 6 inch white twister trailer.....if the water you are fishing is "black" use yellow patterns for everything it shows up wicked in the water..you can see a yellow twister like 10 feet down on the bottm...can't see the fish cuz thier dark black backs...but ya can see your jig dissapear :o

chartruesse jigs...suspending baits...yellows, firetigers..all good colours man, if the water is on the greener side try switching er up to white's a more natural colours on the body biats like silver/black...silver blue kinda combos.

in deeper water just jig really slowly...even just straight down from the boat and deadstick at times as well as the boat drifts along.