Catfish Report - March 1st

Rich

A buddy and I have been planning a trip for cats for quite some time now and our schedules finally collaborated as we headed out to some local spots. Things were slow.

To start, Markus grabbed a duck as it flew by for a quick snack.

DSC01510.jpg

LOL, actually this duck just decided to attack his cut bait, crazy ducks! Funny how docile this duck was when he was removing the hook from it. It flew away just fine.

Markus scored the first fish of the day while he was sending a text message. We were confused by the fight, couldn't tell whether it was a big bullhead or a small channel cat, then we realized that Mr. Sheephead had come to visit.

DSC01511.jpg

This fish was added to my cutbait collection. Markus showed me how to scoop the lucky stones in their head too... which turned out to be more cursed than lucky, because things slowed right down after that.

We moved to "Area 57" where I "guaranteed" we'd catch some cats, they'd just be small. Of course, the spot made a liar out of me. :lol: Markus nailed a bullhead though. As it got dark and we were right about to call it quits, FINALLY my rod bent over and I was into the one and only channel cat of the night. A scrappy fish, but not big. Markus damn near went up to his waist in quicksand to grab it for me too, LOL

DSC01512.jpg

Well things were slow, but I guess when it's the cold front of the century that is to be expected. What happened to MAY?!

Anyway, fish or no fish. Like all my trips with Mark I had a great time. Look forward to doing it again sometime. Perhaps next time we won't need the winter clothes though, :lol:

Thanks for taking me to a few of your cat spots Rich. I enjoyed that. Hopefully we'll get out again sometime soon.

The drake didn't even budge, but like any typical hen....show them the right piece of meat and they cant resist gobbling it down. :lol: