Carpooling (NF)

Gerritt

With Gas prices the way they are I figured I would throw this out to my fellow OFC'rs, Not to mention carpooling is better for the environment.

I travel from Hamilton Mountain to Vaughan Daily taking the 407.

I leave for Vaughan @ 6:15 am and finish work @ 3:30ish. Are there any other OFNr's that could use a ride to and from work?

You would need to be able to get to you're place of employment from an exit off the 407, unless you work near the Jane st. area in which case I would drop you off directly.

Just thought I would throw this out there.

G

You can also see if there's any local email/web list that ppl may offer/take carpool.

I've been doing carpooling for a few years, going from Kingston to Scarborough (GTA) Town Center on Friday evening and returning on Sunday night usually. We have a couple of email lists that ppl routinely offer/look for rides. The on-going price 2-3 years ago was $10 per person per 1-way ride.... then it had slowly gone up to $15 since the gas price hit 80-90c/L... and just the last month or so some has gone up to $20 with this ridiculous gas price.

It's a decent "business".... on busy months (ie when university is in session) if I can get 4 passengers, $15@, both direction, that's $120 for the weekend. It's convenient for the passengers as I pick them up almost anywhere in town (Kingston) and they pay only 1/2 (or less) of what the coach bus would cost & save whatever bus/taxi cost for just getting to the bus terminus. Win-win :)

Edited by oncogene

You can also see if there's any local email/web list that ppl may offer/take carpool.

I've been doing carpooling for a few years, going from Kingston to Scarborough (GTA) Town Center on Friday evening and returning on Sunday night usually. We have a couple of email lists that ppl routinely offer/look for rides. The on-going price 2-3 years ago was $10 per person per 1-way ride.... then it had slowly gone up to $15 since the gas price hit 80-90c/L... and just the last month or so some has gone up to $20 with this ridiculous gas price.

It's a decent "business".... on busy months (ie when university is in session) if I can get 4 passengers, $15@, both direction, that's $120 for the weekend. It's convenient for the passengers as I pick them up almost anywhere in town (Kingston) and they pay only 1/2 (or less) of what the coach bus would cost & save whatever bus/taxi cost for just getting to the bus terminus. Win-win :)

Those public boards are great!!

We had a travel board in the community center at University of Western Ontario. There were two sections.....one for people looking for rides and one for drivers who were available. I used that service to get from London to the Toronto area many times early on and then took on passengers once I got a car in my last few years there.

Edited by ccmt