Oakville - May 18 report

Started at 6am with Brian...so much for the weather man who got it ALL WRONG AGAIN!!!

Not sure where the 20km/hr wind and 1.8"/hr rain was?!?...

Should have started an hour early ;D

Motored quickly in the Bronte direction and started in about 150fow....nothing for the first hour or so....moved to close to 200 fow and we started..........losing them.....first one went home with my meat rig and flasher....broke my fluoro lead....

shortly after Brian had the strike of the day...never seen so violent hit...it was about to brake his rod on the holder ...and by the time we got to it....bam....it run away with his lyman....cut off his 30 Lbs Power Pro...

not a good start keep loosing tackle...

Then we lost 4-5 more before I managed to get this one. It was nice fish at 19Lbs 15 Oz

DSC01574.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

Shortly after came this guy. Much meaner than his bigger brother though, if "only at 12 Lbs 15 Oz:

DSC01579.jpg

DSC01576.jpg

We kept going even in the rain for about an hour more but decided to head back about 11 am or so....

Out of the bad long weekend we may have got the best few hours for fishing today.

Tech data:

Dept 200 fow, 80-125 feet down, most fish on green spin doctor and fly, one on the lyman, one on a NBK spoon, 2.5 mph. Didn't mark any fish all day ...just keep hooking/letting them go, ..right Brian :D ::);)

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Ya gotta luv it, right in the backyard of 10 Million people! Nice fish!

I used to us a medium sized Kelly Green "Nasty Boy" spoon for them.

What release are you using?

Edited by danbo

WOW, is all I can say. That first fish is a monster Emil.

Way to go for braving the weather, and it paid off.

Too bad about the tackle. Just one of those days I guess :rolleyes:

Joey

I have never been so frustrated!

I don't think I've lost so many fish... it seems everytime a fish hit I was busy tying sliders or setting up a flasher rig. We also had a few tangles over the course of the day. A comedy of errors but at least Emil got a couple.

I sure would have liked to see what doubled over my rigger rod and broke off the 30lb PP. That was my favourite Lyman too!

-Brian