Inflatable Kick Boats, Pontoon Boats and Float Tubes

I have been using float tubes since the late 80's. You cant beat them for back lake fishing. I currently use a U-Tube but started with the donut style. Personally Id never use a kick boat because it would defeat the purpose for me. I'm looking for a super light weight alternative to a canoe. Something I can put in my back back along with my sleeping bag and food and tent. You could never do that with kick boats and pontoon boats. Also float tubes are cheap now compared to when I had my first one. Which was a donut style and I think I paid 300 US for it.

Once yak..never look back!

I think anything that requires a" bike pump " is going to fail in the long run...

I recommend a kayak, bro.

I think $1100 would be for something like the Hobie Float Cats. They are not inflatable.

A few hundred dollars will get you an inflatable version of this type of kick boat.

$1100...yep, sounds expensive to me too.

forrest

Edited by forrest

Yo MS..how much cash you figure you wasted on those "pool toys" now? Lol.

Plus who wants to sit inside chest waders on a hot summer day? Pffff..

I havent wasted a single cent. I get tons of use out of them and they enable me to fish water that no one else gets to fish.Ive only bought two. You couldnt carry a boat like that to the places I fish. And seeing how Im fishing early spring brook trout in water ranging from 38-60 degrees Im quite content to be wearing waders. Any place I could take one of those boats that you picture Id just use my canoe. During the summer I only fish musky so Im generally in shorts and t-shirt.

Edited by Musky or Specks

I owned a Sevylor inflatable Canoe & it was not much fun. I did float the Credit R. from Old Derry to the Lake.

Honestly, I find them flimsy,cramped & useless on a windy lake. Cheers Dan

I was looking at those, thanks for bursting my bubble :(

I'm looking for something portable I can put on the back of a motorcycle, but playing with float tubes years ago I know their limitations. I was looking wistfully at those Sevylor "yaks" at Crappy Tire........but they looked flimsy, cramped & useless. :D

There is the BPS option, hmmmmmmm anybody try these?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...0006000_200-6-3

Edited by CLofchik

I did some major mods to my pontoon, but I love it. It's no bass boat but with a fiance in university a 1 and a half year old daughter, and a new house it's all that I can fit in the budget. Better than a float tube for me because I don't back-pack it and I don't think I'd want to be fishing out of one in march, or october..... Just more comfort, can carry more gear than a tube - has a motor, battery, humminbird graph, you name it.....

gallery_133_237_20683.jpg

cheers,

UF

I was looking at those, thanks for bursting my bubble :(

I'm looking for something portable I can put on the back of a motorcycle, but playing with float tubes years ago I know their limitations. I was looking wistfully at those Sevylor "yaks" at Crappy Tire........but they looked flimsy, cramped & useless. :D

There is the BPS option, hmmmmmmm anybody try these?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/s...0006000_200-6-3

Those look very similar to the one my buddy used while working for the Alaskan DNR. They would helicopter them in to the head waters of rivers. And they would do redd counts of salmon on the way down. He actually liked them quite a bit. Mind you all his fishing was done from shore, they just used the inflatable yaks for their gear and travel.