Update on What to do?

Nanook

:( Checked the ducks nest this morning.

No duck...........no chicks, just 6 empty eggshells scattered arount the nest,1 about 10' away.

Hope the chicks got away ok and not breakkie for something.

Ahh well, thats nature at work I guess.

Let nature take it's course.

You even questioned the nest location.

Unless it was some kids playing havock with things (shoot the kids), let it go.

No tears here.

Survival of the fittest, not a bad concept.

Edited by nofish4me

I'd shoot the foxes and weasels, if they're done for, which I hope is not the case, at least the hen can renest

and the alligaotrs, pike, snakes, hawks, coyotes, musky, cars, dogs, cats, etc., etc. etc., :dunno:

Sounds like a wel thought out plan :huh::huh::huh:

If you like to hunt, go for it (within the regs)... I know I shoot pests around where I am and on my friends farm, we are part of nature too, and firearms are part of our evolution... Ohh and yea I do shoot Coyotes and any other stray animal if it is causing problems (again within legal means) I wont have rabid dogs on any of my land chasing around the deer and spooking the chickens, and pheasants.

If you like to hunt, go for it (within the regs)... I know I shoot pests around where I am and on my friends farm, we are part of nature too, and firearms are part of our evolution... Ohh and yea I do shoot Coyotes and any other stray animal if it is causing problems (again within legal means) I wont have rabid dogs on any of my land chasing around the deer and spooking the chickens, and pheasants.

COULD"NT AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

probably not the best idea to mess with a nested duck.

it is illegal to interfere with the nest or eggs or a migratory bird as per the Migratory Birds Convention Act.

sorta like fishing with a marshmellow

Hope you're not referring to me as I agree wholeheartedly morally and legally with that. Bugging with a nest is the easiest way to have it abandoned or scavenged through by predators

OK Guy's. Dont get yer knickers all knotted up. :whistling:

Just thought someone would be interested in a duck nesting so far from water

End of post !! :blahblah1:

Ohh it was far from water, ya shoulda mentioned that before. Thats a whole new story :thumbsup_anim: Tell us if ya see some chicks though