What is your thought on

misfish

While I tried my hardest not to comment on this thread... If you had to defend yourself in court the judges will look at the spirit of the law... meaning what did the law intend to enforce.. not semantics. If the OMNR were to publish the RULES.. vs. the summary, you had all be educated in legalize and have days to through through all of them..

That said.. in court you would lose as the spirit of the law is what will prevail in court...

Hook them in the mouth and put the rest back.. I dont get what is so hard about this..

We fish for the pleasure of it and because we love it, and yes for the odd meal, I eat fish.. I find more thrill in the fight then on the plate.. 95% of what I catch go back to catch another day..

That said if I caught them within the spirit of the law it is well within my rights to enjoy them for supper.

G

Guest Johnny Bass

Well thank you for trying to get my question answered Brian. And no I was not offended at all.

I personally think that if someone is not trying to intentionally snag fish and gets it relatively close to the mouth, eyes, its not a snagged fish and the fish took a swipe at it and missed.

I was even told that the rules in bass tournaments are that if a fish is hooked anywhere around the mouth it is a legal fish(Not necessarily in the mouth).

Can anyone confirm this?

Just if anyone is wondering? All fish kept were hooked in the mouth. But If I had not caught one all day and caught one under the chin? I would probably keep it.

Edited by Johnny Bass

People like us who care enought to sit here and debate the semantics of the regulations are most definitely not the problem.

This is trivial. You should know, in general what is wrong or right, and you act accordingly.

Cheers

Sorry to edit your response but these lines sre the crux of OFC.Well said!

Joe

It's wrong to keep a snagged fish. Catching it on the mouth is a fine line. But You think a guy spends $100.00 dollars in gas to get a couple fish for the table, he's going to throw it back because it was caught on the outside of the mouth, I doubt it. Guy's that live near Simoce don't have to worry, you have them any time you want. You can go every day and get one.

Good point Brian, I'm not throwing a stone at you, I'm just jealous you live up there :D good post. I don't disagree with you. I sooner shot a snagger.

I know a few U.S. Buddy's that are second thinking coming to Canada now because there is a 4 fish limit plus slot. They spend a lot of money hear, gas ,food accommodations, beer, etc. then go home with no fish. Their second thinking.

This gas thing is killing things. I used to go fishing every day, now I go when I get 2,3,4 guys to split on the gas.

It's a lose,lose situation.

Guest Johnny Bass
It's wrong to keep a snagged fish. Catching it on the mouth is a fine line. But You think a guy spends $100.00 dollars in gas to get a couple fish for the table, he's going to throw it back because it was caught on the outside of the mouth, I doubt it. Guy's that live near Simoce don't have to worry, you have them any time you want. You can go every day and get one.

Good point Brian, I'm not throwing a stone at you, I'm just jealous you live up there :D good post. I don't disagree with you. I sooner shot a snagger.

I know a few U.S. Buddy's that are second thinking coming to Canada now because there is a 4 fish limit plus slot. They spend a lot of money hear, gas ,food accommodations, beer, etc. then go home with no fish. Their second thinking.

This gas thing is killing things. I used to go fishing every day, now I go when I get 2,3,4 guys to split on the gas.

It's a lose,lose situation.

I agree. I wanted to go fishing today but $40 of gas plus $10 launch is just too much to go fish for 2-3 hours and a couple of whitefish to show. And that is the closest place!!!!

I don't think most Americans come to Canada to keep fish. They come to catch fish(Sport) and the slot limit will improve the fishing. The gas is the problem.

I actually support the new Kawartha rules. It is unfortunate for guys like you coming from Hamilton to the Kawarthas. I hear ya. But overall, they finally got it right. With only one fish over 18 inches, so you don't go home empty handed. Two thumbs up.

Oh and back to the topic? I just had my first whitefish fry in fish Crisp. Roasted Garlic & Butter ROCKS! Not as good as pickeral but right up there! And the fish is loaded with meat. Even the cats liked it. They didn't even leave the scales. Just parts of the head.lol

Guest gbfisher

In the mouth or let it go. All fish!

Whitefish will try and inhale the spoon while it lies on the bottom and it's why the Williams ice jig has side hooks.

They can inhale the whole lure with out a problem.

Any lure can foul hook fish.

:Gonefishing:

I would like to thank all, for thier input and this thread. It did not get locked down as people kept it civil. :angel:

Good info here and hope it kinda clears the question and helps those that were wondering along with Johnny.

Happy hooken,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,in the yap. :Gonefishing:

Brian

Edited by misfish