Red Wings....

Stoty

Just checkin in on ya Stoty. I hope you enjoy this series because the next one won't be so fun.

I think you need to reassess whether the Flyers will beat the Pens up. They're tougher than you think.

The flyers have been in both games, havent been dominated the Flyers at all.

I said PIT would win, but PHI will beat them up pretty good.

Either way, PIT wont beat DET in the finals. :D

Its all rigged......Of course Crosby.....ah hem, i mean Pittsburg is gonna win the cup. Syd is the marketing puppet for a league that is having trouble finding new viewers to support itself. What better way to bring attention to the league and attract outside fans than to overpromote some new superhuman phenomenon player to bring the sport to the forefront and give it the attention it needs. Who else would bettman want to win the cup........hes gonna put Crosbys face on every TV screen, magazine and cereal box across north america and beyond to fish for a new audience.

Case and point......the ice bowl, whos in it but Pittsburg and Crosby......with the world watching, it just so happens to go to an exciting sudden death overtime game, then to a nail biter shootout, and who happens to win it with his goal in the shootout with all these prospective fans looking on.? Come on now........who do you think is going to be hoisting the cup over his head in a few weeks?

Its worse than professional wrestling really. :rolleyes:

I would not count out the flyers just yet. Time for them to head home,heal some wounds(not many but a few)

Flyers have been handcuffed by the refs abit,but they will put the hurt on, come the next 2 games at home.

Flyer fans are the roughest and rodiest there is.

I will give Stoty the edge on the wings. The are a all rounded team. I dont see either pit/flyers beating them. They are cool and under control.

GO LEAFS GO in 09. :jerry::jerry:

I would not count out the flyers just yet. Time for them to head home,heal some wounds(not many but a few)

Flyers have been handcuffed by the refs abit,but they will put the hurt on, come the next 2 games at home.

Flyer fans are the roughest and rodiest there is.

I will give Stoty the edge on the wings. The are a all rounded team. I dont see either pit/flyers beating them. They are cool and under control.

GO LEAFS GO in 09. :jerry::jerry:

Ruh Roh! I thought the same as you did, but that sure didnt happen last night.

One more to go!

Hmmm, the last time a team from Pittsburgh played in Detroit, they won the Super Bowl. Might as well make it the Stanley Cup too.

Let's Go Pens!

I'd love to hear the comments if Syd was a Leaf. He's what's right about hockey even though I'm not sure he's the best player on the Pens.

P.S. Brian, I thought you knew hockey.

I'd love to hear the comments if Syd was a Leaf

Good point!

I like Sid the kid, but he needs to stop his whining and complaining every time he gets hit.

I would say he is the smartest player on the Pens, but not the most skilled. Sid is a setup man, Gino is the finisher.

DET/PIT is going to be a heck of a series though!!! Its a toss up, but I say Det in 6.

They are just too much of a well-rounded team. Best defense in the league, and one of the top offenses as well.

I think there might be a few high-scoring games! Gonna be exciting!

Good point!

I like Sid the kid, but he needs to stop his whining and complaining every time he gets hit.

I would say he is the smartest player on the Pens, but not the most skilled. Sid is a setup man, Gino is the finisher.

DET/PIT is going to be a heck of a series though!!! Its a toss up, but I say Det in 6.

They are just too much of a well-rounded team. Best defense in the league, and one of the top offenses as well.

I think there might be a few high-scoring games! Gonna be exciting!

Detroit in 6? You are dillusional Stoty. Anyway not wanting to jinx Marty's boys.......................

President Trophy winners have not faired all that well lately when it comes to the cup. Call me silly, call me delusional, but the Pens will own the Wings in 5. Reminds me a lot of the Oilers and Isles of 84. Isles were a powerhouse, 4 time cup champs but came up against a young team of fast skilled players in the Oilers and were trounced.

Sid and Gino will light up Detroits old archaic defense. Laraque will pound anyone on Detroit foolish enuff to go. Osgood tries to butt end Syd, Gino or anyone on the Pens and faces will be bruised by George.

Only 3 good things about Detroit, Gordie Howe, Bob Probert and Steve Yzerman.

President Trophy winners have not faired all that well lately when it comes to the cup. Call me silly, call me delusional, but the Pens will own the Wings in 5. Reminds me a lot of the Oilers and Isles of 84. Isles were a powerhouse, 4 time cup champs but came up against a young team of fast skilled players in the Oilers and were trounced.

Sid and Gino will light up Detroits old archaic defense. Laraque will pound anyone on Detroit foolish enuff to go. Osgood tries to butt end Syd, Gino or anyone on the Pens and faces will be bruised by George.

Only 3 good things about Detroit, Gordie Howe, Bob Probert and Steve Yzerman.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LOL...ok I call you delusional if you think Pens in 5. :D

Old archaic defense? By that you mean Lidstrom (who is one of the best defensemen EVER, and the Norris Trophy winner again), and Chelios (who yes, I agree with is useless). The rest of their defensemen are in their 20s.

Laraque.....well, he can barely skate to begin with, so if he can catch any of the Red Wings, yes he should lay a beating on them. But DET is too disciplined to get roped into anything.

Pits depends too heavily on their top 3 guys. You need secondary, scoring which they are not getting much of.

Det has 2 lines that score, with a solid 3rd line that chips in a few goals, and a solid shutdown fourth line.

They are the most well-rounded team by far. Not to mention Zetterberg and Datsyuk together are just as dynamic as Sidney and Gino are.

Going to be a great series, and hopefullt I can grab a ticket to a game!

In terms of scoring I think both teams are pretty well balanced, just look at the playoff stats. Lidstrom has not won the Norris this year and as a defencemen to have as few hits as he does is an embarassment to the league and whoever votes on these trophies. i would not rate Lidstrom in the top ten of all time defencemen.

Oh and one other side note, no team ever captained by a European has won the cup. That doesn't bode well for the Wings.

i would not rate Lidstrom in the top ten of all time defencemen.

Are you kidding me?

This will be his 6th Norris Trophy......only 2 defensemen have more...Doug Harvey and Bobby Orr.

Then again, you probably think McCabe is a great blueliner as well, eh. :lol:

no team ever captained by a European has won the cup

There's a first for everything.

Trophies are no way to judge greatness as voters are voting, more like a popularity contest than a true measure of a players greatness. Dion should have won it last year and should win it this year. All around way better D man than Lidstrom. He scores, he hits and he fights. Good with a mean streak. Plays in a tougher division as well. I mean come on now, Columbus, St.Louis, Chicago there are some powerhouse teams, run up the stats against them.

Hasek has more Vezina wins than most but was has he ever done when it came to crunch time? Nothing. That is why Roy and Brodeur are rated better than Hasek.

My top d men are: (of the D men I seen play)

1) Bobby Orr (best player ever to play the game, revolutionized the game)

2) Doug Harvey

3) Ray Bourque (highest scoring D man in history, totally class individual)

Lidstrom would fall in the rest of the top ten somewhere.

We are assuming the current series are over which is something i dont like to do, for obvious reasons. But i still say Crosby......i mean Pittsburg.......wins it all in an exciting nail biting game seven in the final series, in overtime, and Crosby will score the game winner and be the first to hoist the cup. It will be a dramatic overtime goal.

Anyone notice the celebration from the pens after their win last night.......a little laid back if ya ask me? youd think they just won a regular season non divisional game in the 3rd game of the season or something. Whoop it up boys, ya just went up 3 zip in the semis' on your way to the cup finals!? :dunno: lol

Edited by Blaque

Anyone notice the celebration from the pens after their win last night.......a little laid back if ya ask me?

I think they are going by your advice....the series isnt over yet. I bet their celebration tomorrow night will be a little better.

more like a popularity contest

How so? The fans dont pick the winners of the awards. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association.

Lidstrom:

70 pts (lead defensemen)

+40 (2nd overall in the league)

Averaged 26:43 of ice time per game (4th overall in the league)

Considering he has been putting up those types of numbers for the past 12 seasons....

Not to mention he has 938 points and is a +378 over his career...

I would say that he is a deserving Norris Trophy Winner and one of the top 3 defensemen of all time.

I thinik the Zetterberg-datsyuk line is the same offensively as the best on the Penguins.

Detroit is much more disciplined team then any in the East. You won't see them giving the blue line up to Malkin or Crosby.

Detroit in 6 because of much better team defence and discipline. Also most good young teams have to lose one before they win one.....just like the Wings did to NJ before they wone there last 2 cups.

Also have to put Lidstrom ahead of Bourque, better positional player and skater, both are awesome.

Lidstrom almost never caught out of position so you never notice him out there. kinda like a good referee.