Tourney Question

xrap

My question is, do you have to have a measuring tape in your picture for your fish to count or not. I read the rules and says it's not required but then how are you supose to prove that your fish was that length? Thanks

Yeah, I try to get it in but when you got a 50" musky, pike or huge salmon, carp etc. it's tough to get it all in with the fish flopping around and the OFC logo in one hand, I think that's part of the reason it's not mandatory for the tape because we want the fish to swim again as quick as possible.

It is suggested but not required... reason being we would not want to see undue stress or harm come to the fish... That is why this is a FUN tournament.. once monetary or physical rewards come into play then more cynical questions arise as well a doubts..

If we keep it fun and free.... then why the need to cheat? The only reward is bragging rights

This method/approach has worked well in previous years, and this year we have an even better turnout! Makes it all the more interesting.

I wish everyone the best of luck this year, and thank you to the Admin of OFC for putting it together again!

Also a huge thank you to the team captains, as the owness is on them to keep accurate accounting and records, as well as posting info and keeping everyone in the loop..

G.

Dawg, we need some rules... but they are there to keep this fair to all.. for example: Peacock Bass Vs. LMB... hardly fair... we also have categories so as to keep this manageable..

Fish must be caught legally by angling methods only. No fish that appears to be caught illegally will be considered. Fish must be in season. Fish entered must comply with 'caught fish' regulations for the jurisdiction in which they are caught. Fish must be caught in waters of the the Province of Ontario (all of a body of water that lies at least partially within the boundaries of Ontario is considered Ontario waters...ie all of Lake Erie is eligible) or in the case of out of province members, fish must be caught in their home state or province or the waters previously outlined. Exceptions... no bass from California or Florida may be entered.

Want speared or netted fish being entered? OOS fish?

I think the rules are there to keep things fair for everyone... This is for fun! but guidelines are needed. IMHO..

Hope you had a great weekend brother!

G

Dawg, we need some rules... but they are there to keep this fair to all.. for example: Peacock Bass Vs. LMB... hardly fair... we also have categories so as to keep this manageable..

Want speared or netted fish being entered? OOS fish?

I think the rules are there to keep things fair for everyone... This is for fun! but guidelines are needed. IMHO..

Hope you had a great weekend brother!

G

Guidelines and/or suggestions I can see, but Rules sound so... confining and... breakable!!! ;)