Finally Gettin The Hang Of Steelheading!

fishingguy28

Not a pro by any means but i have been tellin myself that i wanna get into fishin trout for a while now and dedicated myself to 4 days of hittin tribs this week.....

I had a great time and had some good teachers, but think i am finally gettin the jist of it!!!

I actually had not caught anything the first two times i was out with my buddy but then i went out alone and got fish!!!!

what a feeling.... in total i got two fish that were picture worthy and 4 little shakers.... i love it!!!!

can't wait to get out nextg weekend..... only thing, is that now i wanna upgrade my outfit.... currently i'm running a stanton on a 13ft avid.... i like it a lot but really wanna upgrade to an islander with a nicer rod!!

enjoy the pics guys... nothin crazy but definitely is a start!!

aa001jpgsmallwe6.jpg

ny005jpgsmallfl9.jpg

ny006jpgsmalllr1.jpg

Nice pics bud and WTG !!!

Stealheading is a blast and the beauty it doesn't take alot of time to get the hang of it when the fish are cooperating....

I love the the big head picture....I got one word for that pic.....Wallpaper !!!

It is now the background for my desktop,hope you don't mind :thumbsup_anim:

NICE JOB BRO!!!

THAT FIRST FISH IS EITHER A SKAMANIAN OR A SPWANED OUT 1!!

GOOD JOB AND KEEP UP THE WORK!!

THE AVID IS A WET NOODLE (HARD ROD TO USE)

I'VE USED ALOT OF ROD BUT I FIND THE SEMI-NEW RAVEN IM8 TO BE THE BEST STEELHEAD ROD I'VE EVER UESD(GOT 3 NOW LOL)

MAKE SURE YA PICK IT UP AND WHIP IT AROUND WHEN YOUR OUT SHOPPIN!!

If your looking at rods check out Fenwicks, Ive got one and I love it to death. Its really tough, light and sensitive but also has enough backbone to fish salmon. At 11.5 feet (I think) its perfect for drifting the smaller rivers that I fish, but im sure it would handle bigger ones as well.