Holland report Part 1

jjcanoe

Here it is complete with a lot of pics.........

Nice airline for a flyin trip

101_0491.jpg

Over the Atlantic somewhere east of England

101_0492.jpg

Setting up on the beach for some low tide night fishing

101_0499.jpg

This reel was an Okuma but most were Shimano 10000 just huge reels

101_0500.jpg

All set up waiting for fish. The rods are on stands about 5' high. We were using about 4oz weights and a home made kind of super sized double pickeral rig (weight on the bottom 2 dropper lines)

101_0501.jpg

One of 5 small cod we caught. I got this guy and another about the same size. Too early in the year for sea bass.

101_0502.jpg

Saturday afternoon we went to one of the shipping channels near Europoort (Europe's largest container port)

101_0503.jpg

Little John working hard with a big casting rod

101_0507.jpg

Watching the ships come and go

101_0514.jpg

Theo and John with the only cod we got, one of three we saw caught that day

101_0516.jpg

jjcanoe Part 2 to follow

Awesome!!!...KLM is a wicked airline in comparison to Air Canada talk about service!!

I have been to the Netherlands a few times and stayed with Family in Rotterdam (I am Dutch and Portuguese).... Man is it a different way of life there.... My Oma and Opa used to tell of they way things used to be there... Sounded quite quaint.. compared to now...

Where abouts in Holland were you staying?

Cant wait for part two!

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Gerritt.

(I am Dutch and Portuguese)....

how about that last world cup soccer game!

We stayed in Westland, Naaldwijk to be more specific. (between Delft and Den Hague)

Do you need a license to fish over there?

Not for fishing in the sea but you do for freshwater.

jjcanoe

Edited by jjcanoe

I will defiantly look up where you were abouts you were staying on Google Earth.... The Hague should not be hard to find lol..... Did you hit up any of the Herring carts? Mmmmmmmmm.....

Again an awesome report!

Ohhh yeah the WC Soccer game had me torn! But I am more Dutch then Portuguese as my mom is adopted... So I have never connected with that side of my genes. Needless to say I was wearing Royal orange :)

G

I will defiantly look up where you were abouts you were staying on Google Earth.... The Hague should not be hard to find lol..... Did you hit up any of the Herring carts? Mmmmmmmmm.....

Again an awesome report!

Ohhh yeah the WC Soccer game had me torn! But I am more Dutch then Portuguese as my mom is adopted... So I have never connected with that side of my genes. Needless to say I was wearing Royal orange

G

Went to the market in Naaldwijk on Wednesday to get my herring and licorice. Hup Holland Hup!

jjcanoe

Again great pics. Thanx for shareing. I used to live twenty minutes from the dutch border. Know rotterdam well gerritt used to take the over night ferry from there often over to hull to vitist my folks in the UK.

night ferry from there often over to hull to vitist my folks in the UK.

The 7th pic from the top Just of to the right is the Hoek v. Holland ferry terminal Saw one boat take off and one come back. Their size puts the Tobermory-Manitoulin ferry to shame.

jjcanoe