Quick Licence Question

huntervasili

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/198219.pdf

look at page 6.

they charged you with a one year Sport fishing tag for "RESIDENTS OF CANADA (OTHER THAN ONTARIO RESIDENTS)" - $43.64

they should have charged you $23.57 for a "RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO" tag.

i don't know what their return policies are like... but i'd try taking it back again, point out their mistake and see what happens.

If they DO NOT give you a refund call the ministry and point out that this place is selling you the WRONG license at an inflated price, which has to be an offence of some kind. (you have to have the right license and it is an offence to alter one, try to transfer, or to get two for you, so it has to be for the store to sell you the wrong thing KNOWINGLY once you point out their mistake they would be definition know) I would have the ministry on speed dial when I go in for the refund. I would bet after you explain your intention to report them you get your refund. The price is the price and a retailer CANNOT just charge you whatever they want for it.

So if you got pulled over on the water and they asked you to see your license and you showed them a Non-Resident License, then what? Try taking it back as you are a resident, willing to pay, the Ministry should be able to sort it out for you if nothing else.

gone fishing, you are 100% correct. I figured thats what it was too... He's a guide and owns a shop with lots of $$$ guys going in and out... I dont have the extra $25 to blow, and it is not the right Licence, I am an ontario resident and as such need that licence. Thanks!