Wiring Help needed Gerrit I think you might have an answer

GNODDY

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get ready to wire my frying pan. Now heres the main question I think I remember seeing Gerritt do a bunch on his boat. I am trying to find a Fuse panel with switches for each thing preferably with a master if possible but I can't seem to find this anywhere I know I have seen these but when you want it you can't find it.I've tried Crappy, Princess, Auto electric guys and my local marine looked at me like I was on Drugs. Can someone lend a hand and tell me where to get one of these and also should I go with 16 or 14 gauge for the majority of the wiring as in Lights, bilge. The bowmount and sonar have there own wires already.

Need some help!!!!!

Geoff

Geoff, SP and lundboy have both provided great links.. BPS sells these also... If you also require a master switch there is a very simple solution, Use a 15A Circuit Breaker on the Positive wire coming from your battery :)

Hope this helps!

G

Edited by Gerritt

I've done this before, when i refurb an ol springbok a few years back. Totally rebuilt the console, and replaced the cheap toggle fuse switches with newer rocker type. I found a great assortment of panels at Sandy cove Marine in Innisfil. They have a Marine flee market upstairs. I'm sure you will find something that will work for you there. I've had great success, looking for everything from trailer parts to boat covers, and everything inbetween, up there.

Watch out for the ones that don't have easy access to the fuse. Screw off caps are the best. I went through 2 of the "pry open" ones. With the sunlight that cap tended to become hard to open and it was a bit of a pain.

If you get around port credit drop by "The Store" at PC Yacht club. Nice stuff in there for rigging

I put several in my old lund and by far one similar to this worked the best for installation, access and ease of wiring

Fuse Block West Marine

Edited by Fang