Simcoe perch

Joeytier

Considering this was my first time ever targeting perch, things went pretty well. We launched out of Georgina, and head out to 20-30 feet mark in the main lake, with ice not very far away, and marked a few, but no takers. The lake water was about 36 degrees. We kept searching, and searching with absolutely no luck, until we decided to hit up a north facing shoreline with lots of weeds. The water was 45 degrees there. Our first 2 casts resulted in two jumbos! For the next 2 hours (approx.) action was very consistent, with all fish being caught on flourescent tubes/twisters rigged with just enough weight to get to the bottom. I'd guess around 40 fish were caught, ten being jumbos. It was an excellent day, with the biggest perch around 1.75 pounds, I'd say!

DSCN0040.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

Nice perch!

I fished Virginia Beach on saturday,and water temp was between 48 and 50 degrees.......big difference from the main lake! We did well in 9 FOW. My son has been bugging me all day to go again......I just can't do it.

It sure is fun though, eh? :)

Sinker

Nice perch!

I fished Virginia Beach on saturday,and water temp was between 48 and 50 degrees.......big difference from the main lake! We did well in 9 FOW. My son has been bugging me all day to go again......I just can't do it.

Were you right around the ferry? There was a few boats around there.

And yes, the water temp made ALL the difference.

All the ice has blown into Barrie. The boat launch at tiffin was full of pack ice when I checked it on Sunday. Might have to wait a few more days to try out my new boat!

Scooter

Drive to the south end....its wide open. Cooks bay prolly is too...

Sinker