Question about cats in Dunnville

Marko

Hey guys.

I am reading all these reports about cats being caught at Dunnville, i am just wondering how long do they stay there around the dam.

I really want to go but i dont think i can go this weekend and the next weekend i am taking my gf back to ottawa for the summer.

I went there once last year and didnt catch anything, i was fishing right below the dam and the current was just too strong and my line went to a different direction every time, really strange.

Any info is really appriciated

ty for your time folks

I worked my magic on my gf and i got some free time tomorrow.

I`ll be leaving Kitchener around 7am with a friend, if anyone else wants to join pm me or let me know, i do have a car and i can seat 2 more guys. I do have to leave Dunnville around 2 pm tho.

Fishmaster`s new adress is 312 Main st, it doesnt say whether its east or west but the street cant be that big and we`ll find it.

Maybe i`ll even meet a great Fishmaster tomorrow if he is in the store :clapping: and hopefully point me in the right direction, last time i caught a big cat was in Winnipeg and that was a while ago.

I'm no catfish expert but I do a lot of carp fishing in high current/fast water type of areas - I imagine the techniques used to catch both fish are similar. If you want to hold bottom, A 3-5oz "Grippa-lead" is ideal. Anglers International (who also distribute Raven products) are bringing in these leads in to retailers across southern Ontario - Angling Specialties in Scarborough has them. They look almost like donuts except they're egg shaped with bumps on both sides. They grip the bottom nicely. You do need a rod suitable enough to cast them.

You can also do what steelheaders do which is to use pencil lead or slinkies to drift on bottom (i.e. bottom bounce). Catfish (and in my experience carp) don't mind hitting moving bait as it bumps along the bottom.

Hope this helps