Stereo Stolen From My Car (NF)

Reef Runner

Well,

Get out to my car this morning to drive to work and low and behold, severed wires where my stereo used to be. :wallbash:

They ended up taking my stereo, deck face from the glove compartment, along with my ipod.

What amazes me is that the car was in my driveway, fake alarm light detterent did not deter and the kicker NO FORCED ENTRY. Not a lock broken, not a scratch around the window frames, nada. They were kind enough to lock up my vehicle when they were done.

So I filled a police report just to notify the authorites, but will not take it to insurance just because in the long run, that measure will end up costing me 10x the amount of the stereo with inflated premiums.

Just have to bite the bullet and take the loss I guess.

reefrunner

When I was younger and living in an area with lots of breakins I had taped razor blades to the back of my stereo. I was told after that , that I would be the one getting charged if the thief would cut himself while stealing my stereo. So I took them off and replaced them wiith a bunch of thumbtacks. just to slow them down or so I could hear them scream andit would give me a chance to get to them before they left. Just to give them a chance to charge me with a real assault charge.

Edited by wallyboss

dam dude that sucks. at least it was just a deck, and that no real damages were done.

I once got off the GO train coming home from school. Went looking for my car amongst the hundreds in the parking lot...not there. NOW that was a crappy feeling. I walked up and down every aisle making sure i wasnt blind... then i just accepted it.

Cops found it abandoned, joy riddin and damaged. A- holes

Edited by Pachone

Thanks guys...at least they didnt take the car, that's for sure.

I'm sure karma will get 'em for me...oh, just figured a name change for mr. louisville slugger...karma

no, no, no... you've got it all wrong. a forged sand wedge can be swung faster and can do more damage... ;) So good luck Mr.Swedge... :D

I feel your pain! I've had 4 car stereos ripped off over the years. One time I went to work on a Sunday...parked underground and headed to the office. I was rewarded for my hard work by seeing my driver's side window smashed, my Blaupunkt deck and speakers missing. I never went to work again on a weekend....LOL.

The last time was 10 years ago...I even put a "Sparkomatic" plate over the stereo and my Boston Acoustics speakers and they still broke my window and stole it....along with my CD changer that was in the trunk.

Since then, I've decided just to leave the stock stereos in my vehicles.

At least they didn't break your windows!!