motor has mid range bog

carb jets plugged or partially plugged (BAD) , creating a lean condition possibly,could be a flooding issue ,could be CDI unit could be a bad ground ,could be a simply adjustment ,should take her to a local OMC/BRP dealer for a check up before the season starts and they get too busy

carb jets plugged or partially plugged (BAD) , creating a lean condition possibly,could be a flooding issue ,could be CDI unit could be a bad ground ,could be a simply adjustment ,should take her to a local OMC/BRP dealer for a check up before the season starts and they get too busy

Yep, lean will hole out a piston quick. Don't run the engine much like that but if you want to see if its electrical or carb issue try this. Choke it when it bogs down, if the engine picks up and comes to life, then it probably is the carb. If not the problem is likely electrical.

Check your plugs, make sure your not cooking a cylinder before firing her up again.

It does sound like a low to high speed carburation transition issue. Like zamboni says-if you give it a quick choke tug and it goes away you are lacking fuel. Has this engine always had this problem? If the carb is clean and timing set properly there can be some modifications required. If you do pull the carb apart make sure you knock out the venturi plugs and clean out the fuel ports. It's the most important part of these carbs to get clean.

Had a brand new 70 back in 1977 that needed choke on hard accel. Ended up opening some transition porting to get rid of it. Sometimes a mechanic has to become an engineer. I also think engineers should be mechanics first.

The owner had it in lastyear for a checkup and they said they cleaned the carb on it.......(which i know they didnt)

I did some work for him on engine the weekend before he took it in (fixed carb linkage)

when he got it back i looked at the carb and could see they never had it off........

For what its worth..........ill take carb off and clean it this weekend...........

Will this carb be similar to doing a snow machine or chainsaw carb? i have done both of them in past with no issue's.

Also the bog does go away when u choke it a bit........... i was doing that the day i drove it.