hopefully better this year

Black_Blade

With this late thaw, the eyes should stick around that area a little later.

Maybe the carp die-off had something to do with it last season? Or you were just in the wrong spot... :dunno: ....I had a great season on the kawartha's.

Sinker

I can`t really comment on Pigeon but I had a tough go of it on Scugog which is my home away from home, the water was lower than I have ever seen and add to that more weed growth than I have ever seen made it tough for me.

A lot of the spots I like to fish had little or no water and the rest of the spots I could not get too because of the excessive weed growth.

Having said all that in the couple of tournaments they ran out of Goreski`s the bags that the pro`s brought in were impressive if memory serves I think one tournament was one with an average of 5 Lbs.

Good luck on Pigeon this year I have never fished Pigeon before but it is one of the lakes I want to try this year as it is not far from Port Perry.

I haven't tried the lake as yet, just the river (area around Emily) Wife and I thought to head up to the lake once but needed something a bit quicker than my little 3 HP... :D ...it took hours and still didn't get there so we turned back. Add in the big, fast boats zipping around and it wasn't all that fun. Maybe just drive around and put into the lake instead this year...lol

I recall several boats from a tournie last year and they were having a tough bite along that stretch too, got most of their weight in the lake itself...must have been something to do with the carp situation, cuz usually pretty good bass action around Emily.

last year I fished the bass opener on the Pigeon river and found the weeds were already turning brown and not healthy looking. I think the carp dieoff played a role in the weed growth last year, hopefully the water levels will be better this year