New Vehicle Price Help

Tomcat

GMC Crew cab USA MSRP - $18,760.00, Canadian MSRP - $23,370.00 For the same truck at the base model. This is just comparing the 2 GM sites. More to it then just converting the currency I think. I'm no expert in this by any means. Sorry I don't know of a Canadian site. Someone might be able to help you out here.

I used CarCostCanada: http://carcostcanada.com/1/en/default.asp

I took the following from their site.

CarCostCanada Wholesale Price Reports include:

Retail prices of the base vehicle and all factory installed options selected

Wholesale invoice prices of the base vehicle and all factory installed options selected

Current advertised Factory Incentive Programs (where available)

Current non-advertised Factory Incentive Programs (where available)

Local, low-cost, real-time dealer quotes (where available)

Standard features of the Model Style selected

Manufacture Warranty

Transport Canada fuel economy (where available)

Remember, there is a price for this service but I found it valuable when I finally got serious and wanted to know what the actual vehicle cost was. I have used them in the past to get a wholesale price that helped when I made the purchase. At lease I knew what the actual price was.

Good luck.

Like Guidofisherman I also used Carcostcanada,Highly reccomend it saved me big $$ .

Not much of a haggler sorry to say .

One thing I did find out is of the major automakers Toyota advertised msrp is VERY close to dealers cost

tinbanger

if you know what your looking for (with options and test drive) just email all the dealers exactly what your looking for and let the prices and deals come in and forward them to each other until the bidding stops, it'll start with prices and then with extras, when you get a deal your happy with all you'll have to do is sign the papers,

that's what i did as i'm not much of a haggler either, if they try and screw you you have it all in writing, they "omitted" a few things on the invoice when i went to sign but i noticed them, i told him that wasn't what we agreed upon, took a few minutes of standing my ground but they came around and in my opinion came out with a very good deal with only one trip to a dealer