Rock Band (NF)

Joey

Anyone here play Rock Band?

My 25 year old son and his friends play all the time and have the drums, guitars and mic (one of his friends even "tries" to sing).

There's this one song they cannot pass tho, Green Grass & High Tides by the Outlaws. They give it

thier best shot but near the end of the song they just can't keep up and have only made about 86% so far (for those of you who don't know, the song will stop if you get under a certain percentage).

Anyhow, here is the song, anyone think they can keep up or have you made it to the end?

It's long, so be prepared, and it really gets rockin about midway through, after the second singing chorus.

Joey

I "played" Rock Band for most of the early 80's Joey! Quit when I realized that I liked to eat and playing dumps in Northern Ontario was not going to provide me with the 3 squares I found I'd become accustomed to!

HH

Great song, but I believe it is only on Rock Band, we have Guitar Hero for Wii as RB for Wii is not released until June (I believe).

I assume that the 86% is on expert?

We have a neighbour who's 12 year old never misses a note, I will ask him if he has played it.

Great song, but I believe it is only on Rock Band, we have Guitar Hero for Wii as RB for Wii is not released until June (I believe).

I assume that the 86% is on expert?

We have a neighbour who's 12 year old never misses a note, I will ask him if he has played it.

Yes, its on expert John. You have to remember too, that all three, Acoustic, bass and drums, have to all do it good, or its game over for all involved :D

"Yikes, so it could create a little bit of bother then if two play well and one is poop? (after a few pop's of course)..."

That sounds like to "the Police" to me! LOL

HH

Too funny Joe :lol:

Rock Band! One of the best games for the New Generation game consol! As for the really hard song your son can't finish, try look up for video on YouTube. There are many crazy videos of people beating impossible songs. For beating them, a big factor is the timing of the "overdrive" technique! I'm sure him and his friend's will beat it in no time! ;)

B/w go to BestBuy and get the Guitar Hero 3 combo for yourself, that way you can join the fun with 4 people, one extra guitar being the bass. I actully convinced a couple mid-age adults to play with my friends. It a really interactive game, ENJOY. :)

Rock Band! One of the best games for the New Generation game consol! As for the really hard song your son can't finish, try look up for video on YouTube. There are many crazy videos of people beating impossible songs. For beating them, a big factor is the timing of the "overdrive" technique! I'm sure him and his friend's will beat it in no time! ;)

B/w go to BestBuy and get the Guitar Hero 3 combo for yourself, that way you can join the fun with 4 people, one extra guitar being the bass. I actully convinced a couple mid-age adults to play with my friends. It a really interactive game, ENJOY. :)

Youngone, I do play with him. I can do intermediate. Its alot of fun for sure.

Joey

I play along sometimes with my son, I'm always on easy though, My son usually plays expert on guitar and hard on drums. We just got the Boston songs last week, pretty awesome to play to the old tunes of my days. Great game for the whole family.

He's actually setting it up as I type. We have it for the PS3.

Edited by Deano

Great Game, we got it for the family for xmas on advanced order. I am a musician and this game lets anyone with a bit of rhythm play along to music. More of a pattern game...but still fun.

My six year old son has taken to the drums and can play all the songs on Hard and he also does the singing at the same time while wearing the xbox head set. I have him signed up for real drum lessons this summer thanks to a video game.

-sheldon

Edited by eye-tracker