Berkleys fishn grippen weighin things anybody got one

2 tone z71

I have one of the berkley grippers and I got a rapala gripper too. the berkley is just a grabber and doesn't have the scale but the rapala does. I like the idea of being able to weigh the bigger fish but the jaws on the rapala are very hard to keep open and grab the fish with. I would not like to handle big northerns without one of these on board because once the thing shuts, it is extremely hard to lose a fish.

I like these if they are used properly, for musky and pike tho, they should only be used to help guide the fish and not to hoist it.

PROPER LIFT and RELEASE.

Please if you do get one and are planning on using it for Musky, learn how to use it properly. DO NOT WEIGH the fish with it.

:thumbsup_anim:

Edited by MuskyMike

Those things are hard on big fish.

Agreed, also found trying to grab the fish at boatside a challenge, easier to grab then figure the gripper out. The only real use I found was to use as a handle for people who were inexperienced handling fish. I could see the salt water application for toothy fish with bony mouths.

Here ya go 2Tone

http://www.beckmannet.com/

Check out JB's or Pro Tackle in Corbyville. Talk to Stacy there, he is great.

If not, have a look at the Frabills, they only thing I wish I would have got was smaller mesh size. just easier to work with. My hooks NEVER get caught in the big hoops, just my preference.

Good luck and let me know what ya get.

Ben,

A new guide brought one a scale last year, and there was almost a riot lolol

I had a fly-fisherman going for a world record at one point (cath and release) and he had permission to weigh only fish that might be close enough to the mark. Even then i rigged up a string for my cradle so i could weigh the fish horizontally, while it was supported.

They shouldnt be allowed to weigh them by the gill or lip or tail unless they are dead...those practices on trouphy fish can be a death sentance.

-R-

Edited by Ramble On

Here ya go 2Tone

http://www.beckmannet.com/

Check out JB's or Pro Tackle in Corbyville. Talk to Stacy there, he is great.

If not, have a look at the Frabills, they only thing I wish I would have got was smaller mesh size. just easier to work with. My hooks NEVER get caught in the big hoops, just my preference.

Good luck and let me know what ya get.

HEY Mike I got a HUGH Beckman Magnum XD Fin saver this week from Tight lines LOVE IT good god if I catch a Muskie that fills this bag damm

HEY Mike I got a HUGH Beckman Magnum XD Fin saver this week from Tight lines LOVE IT good god if I catch a Muskie that fills this bag damm

Nice, I am kinda Jealous. My Frabill Big Game is great and all, but I would have opted for the Beckman Now. I know what you mean by huge, the 42"er i caught in the fall was the first to have the pleasure to meet this net and it looked like a fry in it haha.

If I see ya trollin in the Baril area I will stop by and say hello, maybe team up and get something to fill either of the nets.

What size hoop did ya get?