some new work to share

kitkat

Hello everyone, I'm from Central Ontario and have enjoyed viewing all of your "amazing" photographs, just wanted some feed back on some shots I'm been taking for the past year or so. I'm also an avid fisher woman who has been wetting a line since I was barely 3 yers. old. So I know my way around the open water and hard water seasons. I will share photos of what we love to fish for, which is quit the variety in the Muskoka region. Anyway to start off here's a shot I was lucky enough to get last April on Easter Morning. This little doe with her last years fawn where not shy when it came to feast on our pail of bird seed and cracked corn. That's what's on her nose. I'm also an acrylic and watercolor painter and will post some of my work as well.

Hope you enjoy and please send all comments, good or bad. As an artist we strive to better ourselves constantly and need to hear all your critiques :Gonefishing: Susan

moose_mist_painting.jpg

Well Susan, looks like you'll fit in with the other artists on the board very nicely. All you friends amaze me with your talents and your wonderful paintings. Me - I'd be like a 2 year old with a set of finger paints. Great work Susan.

My grandfather loved to paint and did quite a few, but mostly water scenes back in the 60's. My mother, father, and aunt have some of his paintings, but I had none. Last year, and as a complete surprise, a lady who goes to the same church as I do, said there was a painting from my grand-father hanging on the wall in the local business where he was superintendent. Pap had retired from there back in the early 1970's, moved to FLorida, and stopped painting. Since this painting was in a small office, she asked if I would like to have it. She wanted the picture to be in a place where it really would be appreciated. We'll that was a no brainer and about a month or so later, she shows up at my door with a nicely wrapped package. I almost forgot about the picture until I unwrapped it. It is a painting of a trout fisherman trying to land his catch. I'm very proud to have this hanging on our wall.

Edited by Rich Clemens