Gas mileage, MPG N/F

pikehunter

It's tax time and since I don't keep great records in regards to bothersome things like a mileage log :oops: I just had to figure out from my skimpy records of odometer readings from Jan 1/08 and Jan 06 how many litres/100 km's by adding up all my gas receipts for the past 2 years (yes I had to go back that far) and I could deduct from that how many km's I drove last year. I just turn that number over to my tax guy and he can figure out personal and business use. :wallbash:

After all that brain work I concluded that my 1997 Ford Aerostar with a 3 litre engine and almost 300,000 kms gets an average of 23.58 mpg or 11.98 km/100 litres. Not bad! Sure not as good as a small car still pretty though good for that old box on wheels. (Not sure if that is Imperial or U.S gallons as I used the Royal Bank web sight gas consumption calculator)Calculator here

I thought I was not getting anywhere near that figure because it seems to cost so much money to keep it running lately. Guess the $1.08/litre really fools you into thinking it is doing poorly. I am getting pretty close to what I used to get when it was new! BTW, I haven't changed the plugs for about 150,000 km....still runs OK...knock on wood and cross my fingers. :angel:

Man Harry.. you sure go to a lot of work... I just add 'em all up and claim it all as Vehicle Fuel GIFI code 8962 or 9200... take your pick.

Personal use.. what the hell's that.. I'm so busy working trying to keep my head a float it's all 100% business use. :unsure:

Edited by irishfield

oopsss i broke down and picked up a 1999 expedition eddie bauer the other week as the price was good, but it appears to get better average mileage than the 5.9L durango i was running and its saying just over 12MPG trotting around the city, god knows what its gonna do when i hook up 5000lbs of trailer to it in the summer :sleeping_02:

After all that brain work I concluded that my 1997 Ford Aerostar with a 3 litre engine and almost 300,000 kms gets an average of 23.58 mpg or 11.98 km/100 litres
I'm not 100% positive, but I think that F16 can do better then this :lol:

I think I wrote it down backwards or something :dunno: The metric system always messes with my brain, old school thinking I guess. I still buy my meat by the pound never by the 100 grams or kg. When I measure for an order it is in inches not mm and the manufacturers I deal with are all on the imperial system even if it gets converted to metric when entered into the computer. The MPG is right though or very close to my actual gas mileage.

I know Wayne, just trying to cover my butt just in case I'm questioned. I really don't pay much attention to figures but I should because if I did I would probably be living comfortably instead of walking a tight rope.