Looking for Training Grounds

RangerGuy

I know this isn't fishing related, but I was thinking.

I am always looking for areas to train my pup. She's advancing nicely so this summer were going to need some larger training grounds. I have been trying to find fields to train in with changes in cover , terrain ( ponds are a bonus :) ).

So I thought maybe there is somebody on this board that would like to trade my used 24volt Power Drive Bowmount ( I won't need it as I'm picking up a new one this spring) for access on thier property for training purposes. Depending on the quality of the training grounds I'd also be more than happy to trade some work time on the property.

Not sure if this is the right section or not.. so if it's not mods please feel free to move the thread to the appropriate area :)

I'm located in Aurora and would be happy traveling about 1 hour or so in any direction

And not bad with a chain saw ;).

My dog is running 200 to 300 yard marks right now so the property would have to be a good size.

Thanks yellowboat but a public parks is no good because when your teaching the concepts critical for your dog to succeed in Field Trials & hunt test you can't have other people & dogs walking thru your training area all the time

Edited by RangerGuy

Doubt you wanna drive all the way to Penetang... but I've gotta 2000 foot long "front yard" if ya wanna use it. Surely there someplace a few minutes up the road for you though.

Just watch out for planes landing on your training ground.....hehe.

I have the perfect spot for you if you don't mind driving over to Lindsay (and you won't have to work at it). There is a variety of situations available from hard woods, cedar swamp some small ponds, meadows, an old apple orchard and if you want to do some water work in the lake, you just have to come over to my place. let me know if it will help youand I'll supply more information.