Bass Pro Shops report

setomonkey

Went to BPS yesterday to spend some gift cards that I got for my birthday last year. Had been meaning to buy a new baitcasting reel but put it off after our son was born. I had Oliver for the day so I took him along, I hear it's never too early to get them started!

:thumbsup_anim:

They were sold out of Curados, which was the #1 reel recommended to me when I posted a question about this last year. I looked at some other options but I'm a Shimano fan and ended up buying a Citica D after talking to one of the sales rep. Have never really asked for input on my purchases at BPS before and I was very pleased with the service I got. Friendly and helpful, even though it was really busy (had to wait to get up to the counter).

There was a Sportsman Show sale on so I saved some money on the Citica, plus I didn't realize but there is a Shimano reel rebate on, which is another $30 off. ($50 off Curados and $20 off Cruxis reels). Also picked up a soft tackle bag, thought about this last year and decided to make the switch. The Browning 370 bags are regularly $79.95 and were on sale for $49.95.

Also finally met Roger (bpsbassman) there, he was by the reel counter and we chatted about the board etc. Good meeting you Roger...

Can't wait to get out this spring to try out the new reel. Already started organizing the new tackle bag. I have too much stuff.

:rolleyes:

Mike

I'm actually just leaving in a few minutes for BPS, I don't really need anything just but feel like going for a drive.

You'll get some deals at BPS but you can also spend ALOT more on some items too.

I purchased a reel from JB's recentely for $375, while the exact same reel at BPS is $530, so just be aware of what other places are charging for stuff.

Good pt, Lew, I did take a look around before buying the Citica, I think I got a good price. Plus I needed to use those BPS gift cards for something, and didn't have any plans for any other big purchases this spring.

I didn't have enough time to look around too much, but there were quite a lot of crankbaits and plastics on sale too.

Mike

I went to BPS in Cincy last friday, picked up something that I have been wanting for a few years, also bought a new baitcaster reel, man that was an expensive lunch break. I spent a lot of money but then again because I did my homework I saved a bundle in the process.

Cheers

It's like being a little kid in a candy store again when ya go in there, isn't it Mike? I'm really looking forward to when they get ours opened up for business!

Definitely a lot of fun just to take a look around.

There was a demo or something going on by the aquarium, with Bob Izumi and Dave Mercer, so I wasn't able to get close and show the fish to my boy. Have to do it next time...

Mike

It was definitely a pleasure meeting you Mike. Great little guy you've got there. Your life will be changing in a very positive way (although your fishing may be reduced a bit for the next few years :)

Lew, it was a great highlight to see you again my friend. Enjoyed the conversation very much!

Did you make it out of the store without spending any more money??