Ot:new Cellphone Plan..thoughts ?

cityfisher

Hi all,

I just got off the phone with Rogers. I was threatining to go with Telus if they didnt offer me a MUCH better plan than i was getting before. I have been with rogers for over 5 years and was getting annoying to 80-100 a month phone bills ... wayyyyy to much.

After complaining for a bit they offered me something pretty decent

250min during the day

after 6PM to 8am free during the week

free weekends

call display/call waiting

Voicemail

100 mins long distance in canada per month

all for $25 a month

+

monthly act free 6.95( which no one or no carrier can bypass)

+

.50 911 fee=

$32.45 + tax 4.50 = 36.95

thats with a 3 year plan and also a free Samsung d807 phone and No activation fee or other stupid fees....

So if your pissed about your plan ... dont hesitate and call your provider and givem hell :)

Gee maybe I should get up the gumption to call them one day. I've been with Rogers for 21 years ! Just retired my $1600 Motorolla bought in 1985 due to it's failure and upgraded to probably the first version of a handheld (for a $1 on ebay) to stay analog for the back lakes. My plan gives me a whole 10 minutes of airtime a month and has always been that way. Existing customers have never been able to get a free phone offer and keep the same phone number they've had for being loyal for years. Mind you BOQ in November was the FIRST time I used more than 10 minutes a month in all those years...so maybe I'm just fine. LOL It's an emergency tool...not a two way radio !

Edited by irishfield

I have two phones with two different numbers for $40.00 per month. I can't recall the exact contract details at the moment, but unless I'm out of town and making long distance calls, I never go over my minutes. I'm with Thunder Bay telephone, which I believe is one of two municipally owned telephone services in the country. It's a great asset to our city. Makes us a ton of money, and the service is great.

monthly act free 6.95( which no one or no carrier can bypass)

Is that was Rogers told you? The cell phone companies are currently facing a class action law suite over the system access fee. It has been portrayed as a tax by the cell phone companies; but it is merely an extra charge entirely controlled by the cell phone companies.

I just did this last week!! LOL

My phone was dead as a door nail and the other one was acting up too... So I called em up and asked when my contract was up...(Had less then a month left) doing what I do I regularly get 200.00+ phone bills...

they sent me two brand new phones FOC and we worked out a deal in terms of my airtime etc... 40 bux for 250 daytime and 150 daytime minutes for the other phone plus unlimited evening and weekend calling, voice mail etc for both phones...

moral of the story???

The squeeky wheel gets the grease :)

Gerritt.

hrm... nice plans... but I think I will hang onto my rogers demo line... I like everything for nothing... I pay system access fee, 911 fee, 10 cents a minute for long distance, everything else is free... even unlimited data... I use my blackberry as a modem for my laptop on the road and surf pretty much anywhere I am.

We were in sturgeon falls for a week in september, so I hooked the BB up to a laptop, and shared my internet with the other guys who brought laptops too... we all had wireless medium speed internet in the middle of nowhere... pretty sweet stuff.

cd.

i have telus and my bills were about 80$ each month so i called and threatened to go with rogers, got cut down to 22$ a mont plus taxes and call id comes up to 42$ a mont now.. so i save about 40$ not bad

Edited by carll2

whats rogers demo line ??? sound cheap :) i likeeeeeeee :)

Either own a Rogers dealership, or work for one and hope you get lucky... or golf with Ted.

For the record, I have never worked for any Rogers dealership... hrrmm.

cd.