Another winter storm...just what we needed....

ccmtcanada

Just what we needed...yet another major winter storm starting on Sunday. The only ray of hope is that the low tracks north a little. That would suck for central/northern Ontario as that would mean 25 to 30 cm of snow, but for southern ontario it would mean a little freezing rain and then all rain into Monday.

Here's the watch right now....check out your updates here...

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/warnings_e.html

City of Toronto

3:35 PM EST Friday 15 February 2008

Winter storm watch for

City of Toronto issued

Significant winter storm on the way Sunday to Monday morning.

This is an alert to the potential development of dangerous winter weather conditions in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A large scale winter storm which has yet to develop in Texas is expected to move north towards southern Ontario and bring a mixed bag of wintery precipitation Sunday to Monday morning. At this time it appears that this storm has the potential to bring significant freezing rain across southwestern Ontario starting Sunday morning before progressing east to the greater Toronto area later in the day. The freezing rain will be at times mixed with ice pellets and the combined effect can produce very slippery road conditions. There is the chance that the freezing rain will change over to rain Sunday night.

Regions located in eastern Ontario including the Ottawa Valley north to Algonquin Park will see the precipitation start out as snow late on Sunday with a shot of freezing rain Sunday night. Current indications show that total snowfall amounts of 15 centimetres is possible by Monday morning.

There is significant uncertainty as to the track of this winter storm. Generally the storm is expected to track over lower Michigan on Sunday and move northeastward into central Ontario on Monday. If the storm takes a more northerly track through Georgian Bay there will likely be a significant warm up and a shorter period of freezing rain since it will all turn into rain. Alternately if the storm tracks through the lower Great Lakes the storm will cause a prolonged period of freezing rain and significant amounts of snow to the regions.

The Ontario storm prediction centre will continue to monitor the development of this storm. As the weather situation develops appropriate weather warnings will be issued.

Well they seem to be tempering it down now to just some freezing rain in the morning Sunday (then regular rain in the afternoon) with maybe an inch of snow monday. I'm fine with that, at least until my basement and roof both start leaking at the same time ;)

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it (Mark Twain)

Y'all quit yer fussin' about the snow... you don't hear me complaining do ya?

Y'all have your boats prepped and ready for the 21st of March, I'm gonna send a blast of warm air up there starting the 15th of March and everything will be iced out and melted by the 21st!!!... for a nominal fee of course, y'all can pay me in Black Label rum at Lakair this June ;)