Bog Walleye Opening Date?

newlundowner

The fishing regs specifically say "ice fishing" for Scugog...no other lake does it specify that....so I'm not too sure. It says....

|

Fishing is prohibited in all waters of Div. 6, including Kawartha

Lakes and Dalrymple Lake in the City of Kawartha Lakes (formerly known

as Victoria County) and Simcoe County, from Nov. 16 to the Friday before the last Saturday in April in any year. This restriction does not apply to

Lake Scugog ice fishing in Jan. and Feb

Maybe someone from that area can clear this up!

yes you can fish in a boat but,the ice fishing regs do not cover fishing in a boat then its back to the normal regs you can only use 1 rod as opposed to 2 for ice fishing, :rolleyes: so there will probably be guys in boats as itsa not lookin real good for ice is it???? :dunno: well there is still guys fishing the bay in boats and they say till the ice comes they wilkl stay out,no im wishing i never put my boat away :santa: cheers

The MNR should step in and close Scugog for the winter as well, with or without ice just to give the fish a break. Sorry about the hut operators out there but the future of the fishery could depend on it. I myself luv ice fishin but I think Scugog should be closed like the rest of the Kawarthas or maybe some sort of rotating yearly schedule...hey that might be cool fish a different Kawartha lake every year...hmmm.