How's this rod/reel

Zeynex

I dunno what's this is worth, but I bought this rod/reel for 30 bucks.

Its somewhat used, a scratch or two on the rod and reel.

This is what it is:

Shimano Spirex 2000fe

Berkley Cherrywood 7' Medium Action.

Any review/comments would be much appreciated. :canadian:

Cant comment on the reel but I bought a 6'6" medium light cherrywood this summer hate it snapped two different rods one on its third cast <_< and one on a small bass <_< and I didnt find it very sensative after the second one broke I didnt even bother tacking it back.But thats just my experience I am sure there are guys here that have had better luck than I have

Good deal, if they are in working order.

Google the items and you'll see that brand new there worth $100.00+

What I'm worried about is, upon close inspection, there are quite a few scratches on the reel. But that doesn't probably reflect on how it really works on the inside.

Shimano is usually pretty reliable, can't comment on that exact model however. the cherrywood series seems to be a hit or miss for some reason... my dad broke one, i think a 6', maybe a 6'6" casting model. but my brother and i haven't had a problem yet, mine is a 5'6" Ultra Light spinning, and my brother's is the same as yours, the 7' spinning model.

but if you think about it, the rod itself, i believe, is sold for a little more than $30 in stores anyways. so it sounds like you got an alright deal there. i'm sure the scratches on the reel are superficial. if any of them are substantial and have a "sharp" feel to the touch, i would file them down just in case it comes into contact with the line.

Shimano Spirex is a reliable reel as I owned one in the past and believe it's still hangin' around in the garage as a backup. Heard bad things about the cherrywood rod though. I'm sure others with more experience on the rod would chime in here. As inexpensive rods go, I really like some the the BPS models. I got a 7foot med/heavy im6 for $35 or so (someone was hiding it in the $100 section...tisk, tisk) and I couldn't be happier with the performance.

reefrunner